1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice

How much power for Aeriusi in cathedral ceiling room

Discussion in 'Listening Spaces' started by endsurg, Mar 4, 2017.

1. endsurg

endsurg New Member

I have a pair of Aeriusi speakers that are now in a high vaulted room. They are being driven by an Arcam integrated amp but the sound is weak and thin. Will more power help? More room treatment? Both?

2. savatage1973

savatage1973 Super Member

The E-stat drivers should thrive in a big open room; however, IIRC those only have 8" woofers, and they may fall short of "filling the room" with lower end, so a sub or two may be in your future--if you can borrow one, give it a shot. More power could certainly help, but you can only go so far with an 8" woofer.

3. endsurg

endsurg New Member

I have a Hsu subwoofer. Would that do it? How about using a surround sound receiver and two signet speakers as the rear? I also have a Hafler DH200 amp and an Aragon preamp. How about if I biamped with two DH200 amps?

4. dosmalo

dosmalo T-Totaled Subscriber

Also, the Aerius I is, by now, getting a little long-in-the-tooth if they haven't been repaneled, trannys/power supplys, etc. reworked.
    That may contributed to less than stellar performance.

5. endsurg

endsurg New Member

Is it worth the cost of the upgrade (about $900+)?

6. Hobie1dog

Hobie1dog Super Member

All of the above