How much was a glass of draft when you first could go to the bar?

When I was a junior in high school in 1970, I worked at a 7-Eleven and the beer was $1.40 for a six pack.

University of Maryland outdoor concerts. 5 Cent drafts. 1970's. (it was sold at cost)

Shiner Bock pitchers at Dudley's Draw in College Station were $3.20. Michelob pitchers were $2.80. Don't know that I ever bought a single.

Cheapest I remember was about 70 cents at the Canadian Legion..they came 2 at a time. That would of been mid to late 80s.

When I first started (underage) drinking you could buy a pint (imperial) and get change from a florin. But then the coinage went metric… When I went to college in London at age 18, a pint of bitter was 11p in the student union bar, 13p in the local east-end pubs, and higher up the west end.

At a quarter a draw you could for four or five dollars get commode hugging snot slinging drunk where I grew up at

I turned of age in the service in '69,,, don't remember a glass, but a pitcher was 50 cents... MHL, IIRC...

I hung out with some sketchy guys at some seriously low brow joints when I was in my youth.

The cheapest of the cheap was ten cents a draft. A tray of 10 draft for a buck.

I think it was the stuff they wrung out of the bar rag to be honest.:puke:

I mostly stuck to Molson Export from a bottle. Quart bottles at that.

Yeah....I was the classy one.:D:drunk:

Two tap beers for a quarter - Lanes Tavern on West Colfax Ave in Denver - 1967. Unbeatable at the time, & the waitresses (barmaids) were not
even barking! :smoke:

35 cent Yuengling bottles in eastern PA. Mid 70s. The foam was on the bottom. Fit any shape glass.

I grew up in NW Ontario and if going with draught we usually did it at one of the Italian joints, and bought by the pitcher. I'm drawing a blank on price per glass. Must have been around 75 cents in the early to mid 90s.
Now, go across the border to Minnesota and there were some crazy prices like 10 cents a glass at happy hour.

Also the drinking age in Canada is a moving, FYI. I recall being in Quebec as a 15 year old hockey player and getting served wherever I went no problem.:lmao:

I remember you could buy the bottle for $1 and the draft was around 75 cents or so.

Most times we just bought the bottle.

A bottle of Genesee Cream Ale 60 cents, straight out of a classic Bevadoor cooler. Molson Golden on tap was 50 cents a 16 oz mug.

Back
Top Bottom