How much weight can I put on top of Chorus ?

CavScout

I have a nice set of Chorus speakers.
I also have some other nice Klipsch speakers that I would like in my audio room .

So it begs the question:
How much weight can I stack on top of my Klipsch Chorus ?

For example:
Would my Chorus on the bottom suffer any long-term damage if I stacked another same set on top of them ?
(Foam pad between them of course)

Putting things on top of speakers has always been a touchy subject for many as it affects sound coming from the speakers. Allot of guys give in on that issue when they get married, but you have to realize that sound is an accumulation of conditions. When they design speakers they take into account the amount of resonance the cabinet creates.

THE issue I had with Chorus was my crew mounted pair about 4 ft off the ground in a choir room to get the tweeters and mid at the right height. Well after 6 months the back separated from the rest of the enclosure and box fell straight down on the floor remaining up right. Klipsch sent us a new speaker. I then placed some L brackets to help support the weight. Oh the back remained perfectly mounted to the wall with no sign of damage.

We also hung numerous Herseys II's that came apart. Never had the issue with The original Hersey. MY pair hung in the master bedroom for over 20 years. The few Cornwalls MKI and a bunch of La Scalas and 2 pair of Belles never failed either . As I remember the back of the Chorus wasn't real wood but a fibre board.

Last edited:
I say put whatever you want to on top of them. I have 2 pairs of Heresy on top of my Cornwalls, and then a pair of KG4s on top of those... and Fortes on wheels in front of this mess.

Back
Top Bottom