How NOT to do a burnout.

jbrainey

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I know the Aussies love their burnouts but this is carrying it a bit too far. :yikes:

In my best "Paul Hogan" voice, "That's not a burnout, THIS is a burnout!"

Stuck throttle and a mis-wired ignition circuit. Like the kill switch didn't work.

Maybe he (or she) was running an old school magneto.

Reminds me of when we sent a bird up (RCAT drone) without the magneto kill wire plugged in. It's supposed to stop the engine when the recovery parachute is deployed. It was quite a sight coming down on the 'chute until it destroyed the propeller on the ground and stopped the engine.

Neutral?

Do they use automatic transmissions? Just pop it one click forward or up. What an I missing?

Oh and he took his competitor out. Is a DNF better than a loss?

Neutral?

Do they use automatic transmissions? Just pop it one click forward or up. What an I missing?

Oh and he took his competitor out. Is a DNF better than a loss?

Yeah, most dragsters are auto.

Granted if he put it in neutral it'd probably blow the motor... But that might cost less than paying to repair the competitor too. ;)

An engine wrapped that tight sometimes will not shut off by removal of ignition. You have to cut the fuel as well. Pretty scary to be near something that powerful that's out of control.

Yeah, most dragsters are auto.

Granted if he put it in neutral it'd probably blow the motor... But that might cost less than paying to repair the competitor too. ;)

He was probably too busy crapping his pants to to think of neutral at the appropriate moments.

Back
Top Bottom