How old are you?

56.....been in love with stereo equipment since 1972. Had a friend that used to work at a high end stereo shop back in the seventies. Any of you guys remember stand alone stereo stores? I used to drool over the Mcintosh and Crown pieces on display. Now after career and kids I have been getting back into it. Still have some of my old stuff left, wish I had saved more of it. Very addictive hobby.

46. First music I remember was on an old cassette without any markings. I must have been around 5 or so. I was given a Craig tape player with this tape in it. On one side was a recording of some family gathering - lots of drinking, partying, etc.

But on the other side was an about 70 percent mix of The White Album. I must have played The Continuing Story of Bungalo Bill 10,000 times. And While My Guitar Gently Weeps and Revolution No. 9 also received their fair share of play time.

I think I started dropping acid around that time too. :D

I'm 22 and I've been interested in audio since about 10 years ago, when my parents replaced their stereo and I nabbed their old one. 1 or 2 years later I got into records.

Very nice :) Congratulations to Nalthien and all of you who just added one more year to your lives :D

It is interesting to see how varied our ages are. The great thing is that we all share the same passion. I hope we're here for years to come :D

Best!

I'm 48 and I've been into Hi-fi equipment since 1980 and collecting LPs since 1978.

Back
Top Bottom