How old, make that "YOUNG", are you guys?

Peter_Klim

It seem people younger than me (I'm 40) are hard to find on most audio forums. Why's that? I've been into Hi-Fi since I was 15! Although I started of with entry level items, I've always understood about hi-fi and always wanted the best products in my budget. At 15 I subscribed to Stereo Review and started reading Julian Hirsch's editorials and reviews and saved every issue till around 2005.

Why aren't there even that many audio enthusiasts/philes my age, let alone guys in their 30s, 20s and teens?

How young :) are you guys? I wanted to do a pole but I guess this forum doesn't allow it?

Lots of us it seems in our 40's, myself 47. I tell people the grey highlights in my hair is dyed for effect. (LOL)

It seem people younger than me (I'm 40) are hard to find on most audio forums. Why's that? I've been into Hi-Fi since I was 15! Although I started of with entry level items, I've always understood about hi-fi and always wanted the best products in my budget. At 15 I subscribed to Stereo Review and started reading Julian Hirsch's editorials and reviews and saved every issue till around 2005.

Why aren't there even that many audio enthusiasts/philes my age, let alone guys in their 30s, 20s and teens?

How young :) are you guys? I wanted to do a pole but I guess this forum doesn't allow it?

52. My guess is that much younger people might tend to spend less time on fora like these and actually get out and do stuff :D

So, as you get older and the shine of the nightclubs etc and such lessens, you tend to find more time to pursue hobbies such as this.

Add to that the relatively increased responsibilities of younger couples, kids, work, mortgages etc. For example I wouldn't be sitting here chatting with you and looking for headshell leads on the side if my kids were still here. They would take priority. Now that they have grown and left home, I do find I have more time for other pursuits.

There may be a case too that younger people may not have the exposure to our side of the hobby; they may have been brought up with and be more used to (and interested in) things such as iPods and iPod docks etc.

So I suppose there are a number of reasons....I am sure there are others.

Ciao

36 here!!! I've been into music since a young age starting w/ the fascination of my grandmother's Hank Williams 78's on her (now mine) Philco Q-1562 BSR changer turntable.....

Lots of us it seems in our 40's, myself 47. I tell people the grey highlights in my hair is dyed for effect. (LOL)

LOL! 3 years ago I sent a chick from an online dating service a photo of me and my gray and she commented: "Did you frost you hair?" I'm gonna keep sticking to that story! ;)

51, but feel late 30ish, look mid fortyish according to most people who can't believe I'm an old fart with grand kids!

60. Started building speakers 40 years ago and still have my copy of the Badmaieff-Davis book. Lost my Abe Cohen though.

51 at the end of the month. I ought to start growing up one of these days.

im 20 years young..
been a member of AK for more than 4 years.
first got really sucked into hi-fi when i got a yamaha m-4 poweramp and c-4 preamp. :thmbsp: :D

25 here, got a big collection! i love old tube fisher and scott stuff! my main system has a scott 340b and a fisher 500b in it!

47 going on 18.... Always been into gear but only started buying more than I need (collecting) in the last couple years. I think it's because I spend more time at home as I get older.

...My Social Security Number is 2...
Started with a Crystal Set I built. Had to ground it to the fawcett in the kitchen sink. Anybody remember those?

Back
Top Bottom