How old where you when you got your first McIntosh?

Discussion in 'McIntosh Audio' started by sc1801, Feb 20, 2014.

1. excabincrew

excabincrew Member

43 last yr, pheew I am old and only able to set up a mono since this brand name is pricey. Ck...ck.....

Please register to disable this ad.

2. BernardoK

BernardoK New Member

Well, I’m 68, and just walked (barely, with all that weight!!) in the door with an MC 2105 amp, and this is my very first piece of McIntosh ever! I am awaiting an MX-113 preamp/tuner that I purchased 2 days ago, but is still in transit. I am so excited and can’t wait to hook up my newly upgraded system! Really looking forward to listening to my new system, took a long, long time to join the club, but that makes it all the sweeter!

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    motorstereo and damacman like this.
  3. Kevin M.

Kevin M. Well-Known Member

I was 39. I heard Mcintosh and like the sound but just had never bought one. Started with the MC252 and kept upgrading till MC501s. Saving for the MC611 which should take me into retirement.

4. jimmeq

jimmeq New Member

Thanks! The service manual is a bit above my ability as I have a only rudimentary understanding of electronics and reading schematics. I am looking for more of a "how to". Like: remove two screws on both left/right sides near front bezel. Remove two screws on top/bottom....

It was much easier than I thought it would be. I replaced all bubs except the wheat bulbs and it looks fantastic! I'm putting together a simple how-to and will post it for future noobs.

isotopesope likes this.
  5. hugo454

hugo454 Gold Member Subscriber

6. ehoove

ehoove Old & New - Carpe Diem Staff Member Super Mod Subscriber

I was 24 when I bought my MC2100 to drive a pair of Janszen Z-824's (1974)
    Regards,
    Jim

Please register to disable this ad.

7. srm51555

srm51555 Active Member

19, I had some leftover student loan money and knew exactly what to do with it, bought a 2100.