How satisfied are you with your system poll.

Your system satisfaction rating

Votes: 16 11.1%

Votes: 21 14.6%

Votes: 36 25.0%

Votes: 36 25.0%

Votes: 18 12.5%

Votes: 6 4.2%

Votes: 6 4.2%

Votes: 3 2.1%

Votes: 2 1.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Voted a 10....I guess because I've reached a level of satisfaction that has allowed me to gain a deeper musical appreciation like never before. I can finally sit back and just enjoy... (after 30 years and a large part of my disposable income ..I think it's time.)

Thanks to McIntosh..I have rid myself of the need to ride the upgrade bandwagon any more, unless I choose to do so.

(I've got my eye on a pair of 501's, right now...so I might just jump back on at any minute! :yes: )

I went with a ten myself, I exchanged a few pm's last night with a fellow AK'er who was interested in buying a pair of speakers that I had posted that I once owned. I noted that in the long run selling those speakers, was likely a mistake but it was done in the interest of upgrading.
I am currently slap happy with my system.
Yes, I would do deeply desire a McIntosh tuner, a McIntosh CDP would be wonderful and though I really love vintage McIntosh, it would be huge fun to get a new McIntosh.
Plus, another turntable, more wattage and the upgrade kit for my speakers are well worth aspiring to.
However, I'm in no way dissatisfied with my system, so I stand at 10.

I "only" have a MA6500, MCD201 and 703's, but I voted 9,5.

I'm lacking a bit of imaging because of the room and a large A/V cabinet, and I could have a bit more bass extension and a slight bit of extra detail.

However, this system gives me tons of musical pleasure, which is the most important system quality measure for me!! I listened again to other brands of speakers and electronics and I always prefer my sound. So I can rate my "modest" system with such a high score.

(Modest compared to may systems represented in this forum)

I see lot's of 10's and thats the way it should be. Sometimes we all get too caught up in the scramble for more gear & forget to enjoy what we already own.

Congrad's to all that have reached the peak of Mount McIntosh!

We are spoiled, aren't we?

I have 20 grand plus in my system, and I still consider it modest. My friends, however, think I'm crazy, and my wife has no idea. (I just make sure she see's all the phony receipts my local dealer prints up for me....She thinks my XLS340s cost 3 grand :banana: )

As for my system, I give it a 9. I need a better subwoofer. Soon....soon...

jim777 said:
I "only" have a MA6500, MCD201 and 703's, but I voted 9,5.

I'm lacking a bit of imaging because of the room and a large A/V cabinet, and I could have a bit more bass extension and a slight bit of extra detail.

However, this system gives me tons of musical pleasure, which is the most important system quality measure for me!! I listened again to other brands of speakers and electronics and I always prefer my sound. So I can rate my "modest" system with such a high score.

(Modest compared to may systems represented in this forum)

Glad to see everyone enjoying their systems so much! More music, less audiophile nervosa! :thmbsp: :music:

Well I'm fairly new to McIntosh, but since I acquired a 2100 and a MX114, I now realize what I was missing compared to my past systems. I voted 7.0 since the McIntosh gear is the only thing I'm really happy with. Past system at home was an Onkyo Integra 5.0 system with 4 Paradigm mini monitors and a PS 1000 sub and a Onkyo cd player. After the Onkyo crapped out, first the cd player, then the receiver, I got the McIntosh equipment from a close friend of mine, who is the original owner. A few years ago I purchased a Marantz 2250B and a pair of JBL's for my studio. Really liked getting back into vintage with that Marantz, since I grew up listening to equipment like that and knew that is the way I wanted to go. I want to upgrade my turntable, now a Sansui SR525, thinking Thorens, and get something a little more substantial than the mini monitors. After that, I'll be happy for a while.

Well I'm fairly new to McIntosh, but since I acquired a 2100 and a MX114, I now realize what I was missing compared to my past systems.
So am I, it was love at first sound, I am in, way in. :thmbsp:

Interesting discovery this evening. Ever since I've been into high end audio, I've also always had a headphone listening setup somewhere else in the house. From the days of when the Sennheiser came out with the HD600 headphones and I paired them up with the German Earmax (Class A, OTL triode headphone amp) I've always wished my main system would sound the same, smooth, warm, intoxicating, romantic, easy on the ear, listen for hours on end, really enjoy the music type of sound.

Many components and speakers later, I still wished my system would sound as good as my new HD650 setup upstairs. Never thought it would be even close. Since acquiring the McIntosh gear and the Sonus Fabers, it was close but not quite there. Since attacking the power side of things with power cords, power conditioner/new speaker cables and tweaking the room with some treatments the system really changed. This evening I put on my headphones to listen to some of my favorite CDs, suddenly I realized, my current system actually sounds better!

Gone is the very last trace of edginess or occasional fatigue. More resolution, more detail, same smooth easy on the ear sound that is romantic, emotional and completely non-fatiguing. Even my wife noticed, she has the musical ear in the family, she plays the piano, I have the audiophile ear. We listened to some CDs this evening and she commented that the system sounds more relaxed and musical than ever, highly engaging with very realistic tonality. Took all but 15 years but I am finally there! Thank you McIntosh/RGPC/Guerrilla Audio! :thmbsp:

PHC1 said:
Interesting discovery this evening. Ever since I've been into high end audio, I've also always had a headphone listening setup somewhere else in the house. From the days of when the Sennheiser came out with the HD600 headphones and I paired them up with the German Earmax (Class A, OTL triode headphone amp) I've always wished my main system would sound the same, smooth, warm, intoxicating, romantic, easy on the ear, listen for hours on end, really enjoy the music type of sound.

Many components and speakers later, I still wished my system would sound as good as my new HD650 setup upstairs. Never thought it would be even close. Since acquiring the McIntosh gear and the Sonus Fabers, it was close but not quite there. Since attacking the power side of things with power cords, power conditioner/new speaker cables and tweaking the room with some treatments the system really changed. This evening I put on my headphones to listen to some of my favorite CDs, suddenly I realized, my current system actually sounds better!

Gone is the very last trace of edginess or occasional fatigue. More resolution, more detail, same smooth easy on the ear sound that is romantic, emotional and completely non-fatiguing. Even my wife noticed, she has the musical ear in the family, she plays the piano, I have the audiophile ear. We listened to some CDs this evening and she commented that the system sounds more relaxed and musical than ever, highly engaging with very realistic tonality. Took all but 15 years but I am finally there! Thank you McIntosh/RGPC/Guerrilla Audio! :thmbsp:

Congrad's :beerchug:

Thanks Ivan, you've probably been sitting on that cloud 9 for quite some time now, I'll wave from mine as we pass by in the sky.:wave:

Where is the "I don't have a system poll, but seeing as I don't need one, I'm quite satisfied with it, thanks for asking." choice?

J/K...

PHC1 said:
Thanks Ivan, you've probably been sitting on that cloud 9 for quite some time now, I'll wave from mine as we pass by in the sky.:wave:

I've been waiting for you for some time now, oh there you are! :wave:

Funny, my headphones see very little use, like none. :boink:

Funny, my headphones see very little use, like none.
I had probably a few thousand hours on the HD600 and over 500 easy on the HD650. Headphone listening takes a while to get used to. That "sound on a string" between the ears, it takes quite a few hours until you start to "see the soundstage" but it does happen. Once you get used to listening in headphones, you really appreciate what music sounds like with optimal frequency response minus all the room coloration/interaction. It is addictive! I can finally say that my main system brings me just as much pleasure.:thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom