How to clean RCA connections

efhjr

Can you be more specific?
back.jpg

If the image doesn't appear, click here.

That's a picture of the back of the C-28 I just acquired. The RCA connections need some love -- they seem a bit oxidized and whatnot. I've already gone over them quickly with some very fine-grit sandpaper and Caig ProGold, but there's still some oxidation. I'd love to read some advice on how to get these things shiny like new.

Try Caig DeOxit then seal with ProGold....

That's the scheme I use and it works well. I prefer to remove the cover and get to the inner contacts on the RCAs as well as the outer ones that you see more of.

Cheers,

David

Brasso

Same deal with my C-28 - heavy oxidation. I used Brasso which is suggested somewhere else here. Works like a champ! I masked off with blue masking tape so as not to Brasso off the paint and lettering and used an old wash cloth (aka face cloth.) A lotta work and you'll have sore fingers afterwards but it's worth it.

I would keep the sandpaper away from it. :worried:

Murray

Sorry to say sand paper will kill them by removing the plating, Brasso works well and Wenol works better, am able to turn ones that are dull gray into shine like chrome with the Wenol and a rag.

dewickt said:
Sorry to say sand paper will kill them by removing the plating, Brasso works well and Wenol works better, am able to turn ones that are dull gray into shine like chrome with the Wenol and a rag.

Well, I went over them very quickly and lightly with the sandpaper, so I didn't do much damage. And I sure won't use that stuff again.

I will get some Brasso or Wenol, too. Thanks for the input, folks.

Back
Top Bottom