How to connect my Sansui 1000x receiver to a Pioneer Rc-760 remote control center. Simply.

calrad

I've owned a 1000x Receiver since 1970. I just purchased a clean, Pioneer RC-760 Remote Control Center from a guy on EBay for $40.00. Also found new, generic remote on EBay for $29.95 + $3.95 shipping, made just for the RC-760. I am mainly interested in having volume control on the Sansui.
First ? is, are they compatible?
Second ? is, does the RC-760 work only with Pioneer Receivers/tuners.
I need remedial help connecting these two components if it's possible. I don't intend to give up the sound quality and power of my little Sansui just for remote control. I am getting older and it would be nice to be able to control those spikes in the homemade music programs I listen to.
I have owners manuals for both.
Does anyone know these components and understand how to connect them for "volume control"?
I'm listening...........
Calrad

Larry,
Thanks for your input. I did try that config. and still got a very low distorted sound of the music I was listening to.
First, I'll only listen to FM Stereo on my Sansui. I have 2 1000x's. 20 years ago I built an FM Stereo transmitter so we could listen to OUR music on vintage equip all over our property. The music originates from Sony juke style players.
I've gotten a bit older since I got the Sansui in '70 and I get tired of getting up and down to level out peaks in recorded music. So I found the Pioneer RC-760 on EBay. Bought it and now an EBay seller is selling a generic hand control for $29.99. I've spent four days trying to figure out how to successfully connect them and nothing I tried or read about worked until last night.
I'll simply give you and anyone struggling with this the connection route I have taken. (To listen to radio you must add a separate Tuner.You're using your chosen amp because you like sound) (You don't add a separate tuner if you are going to connect: TV; CD or Tape. There are 2 tape connections, in and out.)
Set the Sansui on AUX. Connect all speaker wires to a typical speaker splitter box (Some very cheap on EBay from Radio Shack) Connect R & L wires from spitter INPUT to Speakers A Output R & L on Sansui. I have the external-additional Tuner headphone output connected to Pioneer (rec) SOURCE-IN. The OUT on the Pioneer (play) SOURCE-OUT connects to Sansui AUX-IN. (Note: The reason I had to use the SOURCE pots is because that's where the pre-amp is located.)
You need 2 sets RCA audio jumpers to make these connections.
You need some short strips of 2-wire speaker wire.
The original instruction and service manuals for both items are free and easy to find on Google.
This instruction I would have gladly paid for yesterday. But it was good mind excercise for a 68 year old. I feel good. I accomplished what I set out to do. Be lazy.

Peace,
Jim H.

Back
Top Bottom