1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

How to fix broken indicator needle for Yamaha T2?

Discussion in 'Tuners' started by MFaughn, Oct 27, 2018.

1. MFaughn

MFaughn Active Member

I have a T2 that got abused by UPS. The tuning knob was loose, which I resolved. Two of the little tabs on the indicator needle that attach to the dial cord got broken off. I'm wondering what the best way to secure the indicator to the cord is and also, how to get it in the right position on the cord so that it is correctly aligned on the dial scale when I reassemble it. Thanks for any help!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018

Please register to disable this ad.

2. dr*audio

dr*audio Fish fingers and custard! Subscriber

High resolution pictures taken on a camera, not a cell phone, in macro mode would help.

3. MFaughn

MFaughn Active Member

Duh, forgot that the first time. Had just taken the pic.

4. dr*audio

dr*audio Fish fingers and custard! Subscriber

That's a pretty easy fix. You can use hot melt glue or Elmers White Glue. Elmers is meant for wood or paper so as a surface glue it makes a weaker bond that can be easily undone later for repair work. To calibrate it, tune to a known station and slide the indicator to the appropriate place on the dial. then apply glue to the string and indicator.

I LIKE MUSIC likes this.