How To Fix Your Photobucket Images The Easy Way

4-2-7

Smart Ass
Sponsor
First off you need to be a subscriber and have editing privileges.

When you see this happened to your image
bwe-1.jpg
Click on the edit function and get the edit popup> Click on the image like above and you'll get a popup box of the image ULR> type in ~original at the end of it> Click on insert> Click on Save changes.

You now have just restored the image.

I cannot see any images on anyone else's posts. Photobucket tells me to upgrade my account to see images. I am registered member, but haven't visited AK in some time. What changed? Thank you.

I cannot see any images on anyone else's posts. Photobucket tells me to upgrade my account to see images. I am registered member, but haven't visited AK in some time. What changed? Thank you.
Your not signed in, you have to be signed in to see members photos. If you haven't been here since around Oct. 2015, don't use old book marks and hot links to get here. Do a new search of audiokarma open the site and re-sign in.

Yes sir. I am signed in, or I could not have posted in the forum. This is why I am not understanding why I can't see anyone's images (other than the Photobucket thumbnail).

Short answer is photo bucket changed the way you use to be able to post pictures here and want you to pay to be able to use that feature now.

Or just do the right thing and REMOVE the link to those Photobucket images entirely.

First off you need to be a subscriber and have editing privileges.

When you see this happened to your image
View attachment 1047222
Click on the edit function and get the edit popup> Click on the image like above and you'll get a popup box of the image ULR> type in ~original at the end of it> Click on insert> Click on Save changes.

You now have just restored the image.

They've gone to a pay to use service.

Best to remove all of your images to another location and delete your photobucket account.

Make sure you delete each image individually before removing your account so that you do not find your images around the web and can't get to them to remove them.

And long term this accomplishes what ??

Frannie

A feeling of satisfaction that I spent the time to restore threads that these jackasses screwed up. I spent the time in the first place to establish them. People learned from them, and enjoyed them in many instances. And now they're fixed.

A feeling of satisfaction that I spent the time to restore threads that these jackasses screwed up. I spent the time in the first place to establish them. People learned from them, and enjoyed them in many instances. And now they're fixed.
Jackasses who gave you and everyone else free image hosting for years ??

Look I am not defending them. But a business needs to make money to stay in business. And whatever business model they had in place obviously did not work out.

Frannie

The Chrome fix seems to be dead already. No doubt they're plugging the loopholes as fast as they find them.

Jackasses who gave you and everyone else free image hosting for years ??

Look I am not defending them. But a business needs to make money to stay in business. And whatever business model they had in place obviously did not work out.

Frannie

They shove so many ads at you it is dizzying.

Takes a LONG time for all of the adverts to load before the popup ads start when you go to your account.

It has always been this way with photobucket. Their revenues are staggering just from force/push advertising alone. Their recent "pay to play" stance is just a way to keep more money by throttling expenses. Nothing wrong with this but there are LOTS of alternatives that are still happy with push advert revenues you can choose from.

I own my own server hardware (colocation) but have used online anonymous hosting to "obscure/abstruse" the source URL. Not that I have a reason to hide. I've been a hosting provider since 2001 and I am still "unknown" by name. No social media accounts other than in the biz name to make sure on one else uses my business name on social media.

I haven't seen anything long term when it comes to computer technology and the cyber world.
My point is that its a "Free" service and nothing on the Internet is really "Free" that stays viable.

Frannie

I am a paid user of Photobucket using Chrome. I started having problems viewing my own pics on PB's site and contacted PB support. They offered up some basic advice (clear caches, cookies, browser history) and I gave that a try. No go. I corresponded with them twice more and the only response I got was that they could see my pics from their Chrome test PC. Great help...

I did some reading and found I wasn't the only person having this issue. I had previously dumped Firefox Mozilla for similar reasons but when I read that the new Quantum version was out, I gave it a try.

I'll be damned...it works!

Back
Top Bottom