How to get the most out of tidal?

gravis82

1) using a CCA at the moment straight into a Yamaha as2100. Need a dac obviously. CCA can't to MQA, but that's fine for now. If I streamed a flac tidal stream into the CCA, then used the optical out on the CCA to go into a dac/reclocker/something else, what would be the best device to use? Is there anything inherently wrong with the CCA Stream? What can I do to improve it before converting it to analog? Anything? I have totem forests...just to give you an idea of the price wheelhouse I'm working with. Nothing crazy uber expensive.

2) my other option is to ditch the CCA and get a tidal streamer that can stream MQA. I do not want to have to use a computer. Want to hook up the streamer then with my iPhone app for the streamer tell it to play tidal through the network ...which would include fully decoded and unfolded MQA files where apppropriate. Mytek?? It would be great if I could also just walk up to the streamer and navigate to my playlists on the actual device...rather than have to use my phone. Sometimes I just want put my phone away.

3). I really want to use/buy the Schitt ygradisl. I'f I had a MQA render upstream of the ygradsil that fully unfolded a tidal MQA stream...and then sent that full unfolded file to the ygradsil via a digital out, thus letting the ygradsil do the analog conversion and any other magic things, would that keep the integrity of the unfolded MQA file intact? Or, does MQA not work like that...in that it needs to be unfolded and DACed within the same approved device?

Thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom