How to link to a specific post within a thread?

I know how to create and save a link to a thread in the typical way.

But I know it is also possible to link to a specific post inside a thread.

How is this done? I would like to know how to create a link that opens to a specific post, not just the first post in a thread. Thanks...

Click the post number. Next to the Like link.
upload_2017-2-8_21-0-10.png

That gives you the sharing menu:

upload_2017-2-8_21-2-36.png

Copy and paste the whole link in that top field wherever you want it. I use Ctrl-A (select all) followed by Ctrl-C (copy) to copy the entire link.

Or, use one of those social media links to share the post with your service(s) of choice. Clicking the orange "+" will bring up the AddThis overlay with over 100 services you can share the post on.

upload_2017-2-8_21-3-59.png

Finally, you can also use a shortcut: right-click the post number to copy the URL to your clipboard.

No problem. ;)

I've been working with the forum software ever since it was in beta release (prior to version 1.0), and currently manage and/or admin a handful, so I'm full of all sorts of what I sometimes call "Stupid XenForo Tricks". :D

Is there a simple way to save one of those post-specific links as a FireFox bookmark?

I have (far too many) AK threads saved, organized by topic, and currently must record the relevant post number in the name I give to the link, which is a bit tedious. Making a bookmark to a specific post would streamline this task.

BTW, I like that audio rig in your avatar. I'm guessing it doesn't have a remote?

Nevermind, I found the BookMark link in the context menu (R-Click) of the post number. So I'm good to go! thanks again...

Back
Top Bottom