How to pack a giant receiver/My SX-5590 is here!

steve gibson

This is how a baby Huey reciever should be packed! I am so excited I think I have rekindled my puberty. Thanks Roger (rstsgsas)! It looks right at home with it's sister 1250. Now to get it hooked up and have fun. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Glad it arrived OK, but that blue foamboard doesn't absorb impacts at all...it's hard as a rock and passes on energy to the contents almost undiminished. I use it to reinforce a single-wall box, and then line the box with another layer of 1 1/2" cushy white styrofoam board that does absorb impacts.

Nice unit.

Glad she arrived

Hey Echowars,I used lots of bubble wrap before lining that box with the blue foam.That was the inside box.The outside box has the spongy styrofoam sheets and then a bunch of the round styrafoam that was packed in real tight.I thought It was an excellent job of packing.Get to work Steve and show us pics when you get her set up.

I. C.

Well, he didn't show the other box, but were that to be the case, looks like you did fine.

Dang Steve, that's a NICE toyroom! What a killer place to chill to some tunes! :thmbsp:

:yes:

Todd in Beerbratistan :beer:

I did try to show the other box-you can see it if you look very,very close(sorry about the bad pic). This puppy was packed well and the outside box looked like it took a beating. The inside box was perfect. I displaced my SX-1250 with the SX-5590. It is a beauty and sounds fantastic. Just ran through 2 LPs from Springsteen Live 1975 to 1985- incredible. Now for some Ronstadt to check out the highs. Been wanting to give the 1250 a complete overhaul. Now I won't miss it while it is on the bench. Thanks again Roger.

I agree with B3Nut, That is one really fine looking room ya got there. Is each system set up for different types of music? Like one for rock, one for jazz etc.?

Glad you are happy

I listen to my 5590 everyday,although it has some external warts,I still love it.If you can do a comparison with your 1250.I think you will be surprised at the difference.

Unican_Eric said:
I agree with B3Nut, That is one really fine looking room ya got there. Is each system set up for different types of music? Like one for rock, one for jazz etc.?
That's right, I have a Fisher tube set-up for my old 78's, the Eico tubes for jazz and swing, My 5590, TT, RTR, casstte for rock and blues. The SA amp, tuner and CD player for newer music, the Sansui with RTR, LP and Luxman CD player for vocals. I am not ashamed to admit my Ipod is set up to run with them all. Guess I got a bunch of different speakers in there also. Ain't that what makes this hobby so much fun - changing stuff around finding better combos and the search for one more thing that will make it complete? :yes: :thmbsp:

I'm not sure you should keep the 5590 there. Looks to be the only black faced receiver. It might get lonely. Why don't you send it my way, and I'll put it with my lonely 5590.

VintageNut said:
I'm not sure you should keep the 5590 there. Looks to be the only black faced receiver. It might get lonely. Why don't you send it my way, and I'll put it with my lonely 5590.
How about you send me yours first? If they get along I will send 'em to you.

Too late. I just found her with my Marantz 2285B, and Kenwood KA-9100 in a shocking menage a trois ( that's a threesome for you hillbillies out there) they were making beautiful music together. I can't remove her now.

VintageNut said:
Too late. I just found her with my Marantz 2285B, and Kenwood KA-9100 in a shocking menage a trois ( that's a threesome for you hillbillies out there) they were making beautiful music together. I can't remove her now.

You sure r a perty talkin' mayn :stupid:

Steve,

Looks like you need a real nice PL-518X to whisper sweet nothings in her ear. :yes:

I don't have one right now. I think that, if I did, I'd probably trying to talk you out of your new SX, instead of trying to go the other way. :worried:

Nice packing job there...

Rich P

Back
Top Bottom