How to use 4K Blu Ray Player to play back music

Jason!978

Hi, I bought a 4K UHD Blu Ray player a few months ago, and find that I never use it for viewing 4k movies, but I bought some Led Zeppelin records, and some other vinyl records that come with and HD FLAC file download. These play on my 4K blu ray player, but the problem is I have to connect it to my TV in order to be able to select files to play and all that. I would like to know if it is possible to use a 4K disc player in the same way as a CD player, where it doesn't have to be connected to a TV to play back music? Do they make specific players that will play back HD FLAC files, and CD/DVD/Blu Ray audio? If anyone can help with this on how to set up mine properly, or if there is a better way to listen to these so I can hook them up to my powered speakers it would be a great help. Thanks

Sure, it depends on the player. Unfortunately many require a TV for selecting anything (no internal displays) and a lot of them have only an HDMI output.

There are HDMI breakout boxes that separate the video and audio and have analog outputs.

IFAIK Oppo players don't require a TV for making selections. They also have plenty of output options.

Back
Top Bottom