1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

How to wire a Bass Shaker

Discussion in 'Home Theater & Video' started by WinterNight, Oct 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. WinterNight

WinterNight Member

Greetings, I have a audio technica SU-G95 stereo amp along with a Dayton Audio Sub-1000 100watt subwoofer, and speakers of course. I am planning on buying a AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shaker but I am not sure how to wire it. I tried youtube and saw diagrams and that just made me more confused. Any help would be much appreciated.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. JoeESP9

JoeESP9 ESL's & tubes since 83

Wouldn't the AuraSound Shaker come with some directions?

3. WinterNight

WinterNight Member

Possibly, I watched a video tutorial from the website that sells it, and couldn't really understand that or the diagram. In the video it showed an amp with a subwoofer out out, which my amp does not have.

4. damacman

damacman Blown and Injected Subscriber

I don't see a sub out on your Technics. I'm guessing you have the existing subwoofer connected via the speaker outputs. The Aura is a passive device that requires amplification. While you could buy anothe plate amplifier to power the Aura and connect it similarly, this may be a good time to upgrade to a receiver with a line level subwoofer output.

Either way, you'll need another amp to drive the Aura.

5. WinterNight

WinterNight Member

ohhh. I did not know that, haha. Can someone recommend an amp for the bass shaker? and yes, I do have my speakers running from my subwoofer, and I do not have enough money to buy a new stereo reciever.

6. Spiceman50

Spiceman50 AK Subscriber Subscriber

7. WinterNight

WinterNight Member

I emailed them and they pointed me to the right direction. Thanks Spiceman50! I was able to find an amp so I could wire 2 bass shakers which require 8 ohms. Can my technics reciever handle that? Thank you all so much for your help!!

Spiceman50 likes this.
  8. Spiceman50

Spiceman50 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Great! That's fantastic. I don't know anything about the Technic's receiver but if you have a line out going to the shaker amp I can't see any reason why the Technic's coudn't handle it. Perhaps someone with knowledge of the Technic's could chim in. I was eventually looking at the Butt Kicker system. No other reason other then the's the first system I investigated when researching the subject of using shakers.

WinterNight likes this.
  9. WinterNight

WinterNight Member

I think I know how to wire the bass shakers, but my subwoofer is connected to my reciever through the speaker inputs and i then have my speakers connected to my subwoofer. But know I do not know where the plate amp fits into my current setup.

10. orsen

orsen just another old cheapskate that likes audio

i think you would run another set of wires from from speaker out on your first sub [ where you currently have your main speakers connected]
    to the hi level input of your plate amp
    [ the way i understand it, the second amp will will not be seen as load on the first amp ]
    run the speaker out on the plate amp to your shakers
    the controls on the plate amp will control the shakers

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    WinterNight likes this.
  11. WinterNight

WinterNight Member

Thank you so much for the info!!!

12. twiiii

twiiii Addicted Member

Maybe you should ask Sean Connery or Pierce Brosnon? They preferred shaken not. stirred. I apologize I just couldn't resist. Maybe it was the other way around. I'm not really a 007 since the Saint retired.

WinterNight and Spiceman50 like this.
  13. WinterNight

WinterNight Member

@orsen

I followed your directions and everything is working flawlessly!! Thank you!!!!