How tuff is it?

thirstnhowl

Hello All:
I'm recent recruit, nice place, luv what you've done to it. Anyway.........so I walk in the thrift store and there I find a teac Ar 40-S. I turn it on and find that the only way to keep the tape moving smoothly is to drag my hand on the feed reel while it is in the play mode. But I poney up the $10.00 anyway and taker home. On the operating table I discover a broken belt waiting inside. Question: how hard will it be for me to change it myself, I'm pretty handy but I'm not a hard core technician type, and also what was the deal with the feed reel tension before the belt broke? Okay I'll hang up now and wait for my answer(s) Thanx

Welcome to AK. I don't think belt replacement should be too hard, but you may want to post your question in Turntables and Tape where the right people will see it.

Welcome to AK, thirstnhowl. Stick around, we'll get you off that island of broken tape players.

Ya, he will float on to the island of intermittent receivers and then float to island of cracking speakers and never (probably)find the island of everything works great island. But, at least you'll have much company.

Welcome to AK, Mr. Howl! :music: (Nice username, BTW... :D )

You might receive more answers by posting your question over in the Turntables & Tape forum. :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom