Howdy from Texas

racer32

Well, I guess since I'm posting here it's obvious I'm new here. I signed up when I found the site looking for info on a couple of tube amps I bought last week at a yard sale. Picked up a pair of Grommes Little Gems and a Heathkit A-7 for a buck each. Figured I'd see what I could find out about them before I pulled them apart to recap. I've been interested in tube radios for about 7-8 years, but never ventured into tube hi-fi. I've rebuilt a few radios, but haven't really done anything with radios in a coulpe of years because of no workspace. I've got workspace now, so these little amps ought to be a pretty simple and fun way to get involved in the hobby again.

Welcome, Racer32! I'm totally jealous of youse Guys who can fix stuff!!!

It's pretty easy to do some stuff-if you can solder and find the parts in a schematic (or Sam's Photofacts) you can fix most things. I've got a little miniature Westinghouse radio that I want to finish for my wife for X-mas, but it's SO crowded inside the chassis that I'm concerned that I wont be able to fit the new filter caps inside it.

Back
Top Bottom