Howdy!

Leah Casper

Hi My name is Leah and I'm in Colorado. I'm a musician and director of a modern dance collaborative out here. My dad was a big gear head in the 70's and helped sparked in me a curiosity for making sounds. I recently inherited his Cerwin Vega sound system from 1977. My smaller speakers are MT320 they are originals but they came to me blown out. Its a shot in the dark but i'm looking for replacements. Any leads are appreciated!
Thanks!

Hi and Welcome from South Mississippi. As MarZutra said, check the foam surrounds for rotting. This is common on older speakers as the foam degrades and becomes brittle. A reasonably easy fix even for someone who has never done it before. YouTube has many videos of the process. Good luck getting those CV's singing again.

Welcome to AK.

Looks like yer dad was bit by the Vint Bug and has past it down through the genes.:)

Q

Hi My name is Leah and I'm in Colorado. I'm a musician and director of a modern dance collaborative out here. My dad was a big gear head in the 70's and helped sparked in me a curiosity for making sounds. I recently inherited his Cerwin Vega sound system from 1977. My smaller speakers are MT320 they are originals but they came to me blown out. Its a shot in the dark but i'm looking for replacements. Any leads are appreciated!
Thanks!

What is "blown out" ? Are the edges messed up? Do they just not work? here are some replacements :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cerwin-Vega...262720?hash=item2839abf5c0:g:ZgAAAOSwYvFZNeWM

Back
Top Bottom