HPM-1500's ...

Parky50

"Pioneer fanaticus"
Just curious if anybody here owns a pair or has heard them.
They sure look like they would sound really nice... :yes:

Pioneer HPM-1500

I think this seller may be a bit high on the price though... :scratch2:

I own a pair and really enjoy them. The speakers look mint and have the
elevated base like mine but 1500 dollars is crazy in my opinion.

Nice pic.

Would I ever like to try out a pair of those bad-boys! Not for that kind a scratch though...

HiFi Nut

I tried to deal with them on the set of A/D/S L520s they have had for sale for three (at least) 5/10-day eBay cycles. Their BIN on that listing is about 6 times what I paid for a set of A/D/S L620s from another auction. Think maybe they expect someone from overseas to step up and pay what they're asking.

They have some interesting gear, but I think they are not in market reality on some of their prices. These HPM-1500s fit that IMO.

They're definately bitchin' looking, never heard them though I think I'd like to. Like you all, that's a little too much dough, IMHO.

Ron

Hmmm, I dunno. Price may be a bit high on those, but if I wanted a set bad enough and had the extra scratch, they sure are in great looking shape. Dont see them very often thats for sure.

I listend to Todds set briefly and I have to say they sure sound sweet !! They have a big open sound and nice fat bottom end. Tasty indeed.

J

Last edited:
Audio,
I have two pair of 4412's and two pair of HPM 100's. The 4412's beat the HPM's hands down IMO when I A/B them with my Pioneer SX1250 or my Pioneer SX 850 and Marantz 2285B. I have done it stacked or placed in four corners. I still like the 4412's better. But I still love them all. :)

MM

Parky50 said:
Just curious if anybody here owns a pair or has heard them.
They sure look like they would sound really nice... :yes:

Pioneer HPM-1500

I think this seller may be a bit high on the price though... :scratch2:

A "little" high on the price? There was a pair on ebay about two months ago with a BIN of $550.00. Some guy in Florida had them for sale. Nobody bid on them!! (I should have :naughty: )

AudioKarma has a set of HPM 1500 stand that were donated. If anyones interested drop me a line.

Grumpy

Heard the set that Bauhasler had at his place, took a about 30 seconds to decide they sounded like crap. Great bass, very hollow mid-range and stinging highs. Personally think HPM-100's sound better.

X

Um, there's level controls on the mids and highs. Set to the "0" positions (ie, "normal"), they seem to have a bit of excess mids and highs... but turn the mids and highs down to like '-1" from the middle, and they seem to come together really well.

BTW: If the mids sounded "hollow", chances are that the mid and woofer were out of polarity. Heard that before on an HPM1500. Need to check and see if the woofer is plugged in in reverse polarity (IIRC, you can't plug the mid in backwards, two different size terminals, or it may have been the woofer... one driver has different size + and - terminals)...

Regards,
Gordon.

Last edited:
I have no idea whether or not they were connected up correctly or not. I trust Bauhausler had them hooked up right, I know he restored them and played with them for several months. Just my personal opinion on what they sounded like, for what its worth. I'm sure others would think differently.

X

Back
Top Bottom