1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

HRX

Discussion in 'Turntables' started by twiiii, Sep 14, 2018.

1. twiiii

twiiii Addicted Member

I almost bought a VPI HRX with all the accessories, except the D arm from Audio Classics, YESTERDAY. Heck of a price. But the damn thing is to big, Damn Damn Damn. Maybe I will find an Aries III D some day for a steal. Model 15 A. by SME is looking better all the time.

dosmalo likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. dosmalo

dosmalo T-Totaled Subscriber

I had to make a special platform for my Jr.
    They cover lots of territory.
    Congratulations!

3. dosmalo

How about some pics?

4. dosmalo

Okay, I got excited and missed the 'almost' part.

5. twiiii

twiiii Addicted Member

Here's a picture sent to me by AC, It comes with new belts, too. IMG_9478.jpg

Pythonman and dosmalo like this.
  6. AdamAnt316

AdamAnt316 Collector of heavy things Subscriber

If you need small, you could always get one of these:
    [​IMG]

Seriously, though, in what way is the HRX too big? Do you need it to fit into a specific spot? I haven't had any issues with the size of a turntable since I put together my first stereo system, and found that my Garrard 730m record changer was too big to fit on top of my Optimus STA-300 receiver. Upgrading to a Sony STR-VX5 solved that issue.
    -Adam
    (No, I don't have my turntable sitting on top of my gear anymore. It now sits on top of the stereo cabinet.)

revox-b77 likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. dosmalo

You need to go get that HRX twiiii. You can build or fab up a platform for it. The
    VPI forum offers lots of ideas too so
    If the price is that smokin go for it!

Tedrick likes this.
  8. Tedrick

Tedrick Infinity-phile Subscriber

I think you'll find that the Aries 3 is not much smaller than the HRX. If size is an issue, consider the Scout, Scoutmaster, or Classic 2.

9. Pythonman

Pythonman Active Member

You will love whichever VPI you get I'm Confident! That HRX is an aircraft carrier sized monster but given a good enough deal for one I'd build whatever stand or rack or whatever to mount that bad boy on without hesitation.

Tedrick and dosmalo like this.