HT Receiver save - Yamaha HTR-6130.

Markoneswift

Quartz locked n ready to rock
Hey all,

I picked this one up at the local recycle centre for $10. The chord had been cut and there was no remote; sold as-is for parts

I gave it a visual inspection inside and out, then fabricated a new power chord. I ran it up on the DBT and the bulb went out followed by a relay click and then another click off. No lights, nothing at that point.

I ran through the reset procedure for the protection circuit and some relays clicked on and off. I then powered up on mains and was greeted by a fully operational 6130 :)

Yeah; I've snice discovered an issue whereby if the right side of the casing is struck the amp shuts off. I think it's going to be a loose daughter board insidea or possible the connection of the fascia control panel to the main board. I will pull these connectors, clean them and reconnect them and hopefully all will be well.

I think someone may have dropped the unit and one of the boards came loose, hence it going to the recycle centre.

Or... stay with me on this... or, you don't strike your stereo equipment. But, maybe that's just me. Just sayin'.

Yeah I hear ya, but this manifested itself by my wife closing a drawer in the dresser the amp is sitting on top off. It just cut out. So I started tapping around trying to locate the source of the problem.

Nice save! I thought it was SOP to beat on equipment to try to make it work ;)

I don't really look for gear, especially dead gear, but I do keep an eye out for dead Yamaha AVRs that might just need a factory reset...or a good beating :whip:

Nice save! I thought it was SOP to beat on equipment to try to make it work ;)

I don't really look for gear, especially dead gear, but I do keep an eye out for dead Yamaha AVRs that might just need a factory reset...or a good beating :whip:

Yep just a reset got this one going again. I had similar good fortune with a Pioneer amp a while back. It was stuck in protect so I just reset it and all was good.

Back
Top Bottom