*HUGE* thanks to Echowars...

Xappa

(...and thanks to (Pete) the Bully for recommending Echowars...)

My AU-7171 died. A local, inept tech wanted to do me a "favor", and "dispose" of it!

I FedEx'ed the Sansui to Echowars. He emailed frequently to keep me updated as to the progress of resurrecting this old friend. ...Wire-brushed out all of the old assembly glue... replaced most all the components with upgraded pieces... He basically did a complete front-to-back electronic restoration of this classic. He repaired the damage caused where the original tech dropped the unit. Heck, he even polished and Armor All'ed the case before returning it. It looks like new. It sounds BETTER than new!

Hats off, kudos, applause, and my unqualified gratitude to Echowars. Your skills are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Xappa

Ya know...I just knew you had a name here at AK...I just didn't know what it was.

Glad you're pleased. Don't be such a lurker...jump in here from time to time and post your $0.02 worth. :blah:

T'is the Season

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. AKers are some of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet. MikE :beerchug:

I must say that I am a member of a few forums. AK is by far the friendliest bunch of posters I have ever had the pleasure of typing with. The other forums people were always arguing and no one would ever admit that they were wrong... they took it personal! I like this place.

I'm sending my 9090DB out tomorrow to Echowars... I can't wait to see the finished product.

Happy Holidays everyone.

Xappa,

Nice to have you along, this place rocks. Congrats on the repair job by EW, that thing will probably outlast us all!

Go back to the "tech" and give him a broom for X-mas!

Echowars,

Any special hints/tricks for doing the AU-717, or was it basically a recap, clean, set bias and offset?

thanks,
Steve.

Shit I was suposed to be taken the pink pill and not the blue ones ???????

Well that explains every thing !:p:

Originally posted by SteveP
Echowars,

Any special hints/tricks for doing the AU-717, or was it basically a recap, clean, set bias and offset?

thanks,
Steve.
The 717 is a beautiful setup, and there is not a lot of room for improvement. It was completely recapped, the bad transistors replaced, and the bias trimpot replaced with a Bourns trimpot (the two offset pots work pretty well).

Tough old amp. Well built.

Just got my father in law's G-9000 (the one with the changed speaker posts) back from Echo, who put a LOT of work into this beast. Haven't plugged it in yet, but this thing couldn't be any cleaner! Flipping those nice chrome switches gives a click that send shivers down your spine! That wasn't like that before!

My G-901 is next in for a tune up :)

I have to second what fliphandywork said. AK is the best audio site bar none. Here are some of the things I like best:
1) great camaraderie among members across brand lines and price ranges.
2) a fantastic amount of collective knowledge freely shared.
3) people willing to answer questions even if they've heard the same question ten times. This means a lot to newcomers
4) easy to read threads. I don't know why more sites don't use this easy-to-read format.

I all adds up to a great audio website. I tip my hat to the guys who started this site!

:thmbsp:

I hear ya...I like it here too..... now if only I had one of those fancy phones that have the internet on them..I could post while at work!!!......

ECHO...think you could do anything with an old Sanyo Plus A35 intergrated...It just went out on me one day...It got distorted and then quit ...both channels at the same time ...no buzzes or anything...but it'll still pass signal to the tape outputs and the internal switching all still works...:dunno:

if not ...oh well it was a great amp for a lot of years.....

If we can get a manual (and I already know where to get one), then unless it uses some incredibly bizarre superunobtanium part (and as long as it hasn't been on fire or anything;)), then sure...we could fix it.

Originally posted by braillediver
Hey AudioKarma even cures male pattern baldness, right Kamakiri?

Mitch

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Hey we cure weight problems too, look what we did for Sandra Bullock :D

Back
Top Bottom