Huh?

Evil Twin of "Sound Does Not Equal Broadcast?"

The write-up for this McIntosh (and some of his other units) is eerily similar to that of our "Sound Does Not Equal Broadcast" inDUHvidual. His "about me" write up mentions he runs a antique book store - He must have inhaled some psychedelic mold spores :naughty:

There is nothing I like better than a clear, concise description. Brevity is the soul of wit.

This fellow fails miserably! As I read his words, I think of a slurring, drunken Elvis...making no sense whatsoever.

This guy is really cracking me up with his other auctions too.
IT HAS TO BE SCARCE COSMETIC CONDITION AND THIS IS A TUBE UNIT
UNSOLD UNIT MAY BE PLACED IN STORE BUT MAY INCREASE IN ASKING PRICE.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43374&item=3759184085&rd=1
YUP SURE IS ALL ORIGINAL...JUST GOT IT OUT OF THE TRASH TODAY.
I SWITCHED TO CLASS A AND IT UPPED THE JUICE.IF I DO NOT BLOW IT UP I MAY DOWN THE PRICE AT 99.99 AT AUCTION AT A LATER DATE.

Carl :lmao:

how about this one for a drake 2b
.IT IS A OLD TUBE SHORTWAVE THAT IS COLLECTIBLE IF NOTHING ELSE HISTORY,DECORATING AND ART.FOR HOBBYISTS WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING THESE BECOME LOTS OF FUN.HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A UNIT LIKE THIS WITH THIS COSMETIC APPEAL.I LOVE IT BUT HAVE NO TIME TO PLAY.
decorating art :scratch2: give me a break whats this guy on that drake 2b was a milestone when it came out and is a very good receiver.i highly doubt the person that buys it will be displaying it as art.the seller will also be very surprised for what it will go for as he says if bidding goes for more than $50 you can return it minus shipping costs if you not satisfied.obviously has no clue as to the worth on it.
chris

I don't quite understand how the 2105 has more power than the 2205 at lower volume? :scratch2:

However, it illustrates a big advantage to a pre Power Guard Mac amp... it can send speaker drivers "flying across the room" in a way my 2205 never could. :lmao:

I do find that e-bay can be so very educational.. particularly when the listings are written by truly knowledgeable vendors. I notice that he also has a Marc Bolan (ex T-Rex) CD listing under "Rare & Fine Records"... if I may be so bold as to quote.."...as Marc understood the importance of a tyrant lizard and the crucial world saving event as 'Eater of Cars'." Apparently his McIntosh system can also communicate with the Mother Ship. Maybe thats a mod somebody can do for me.
Regrdz
Bill :nutz:

When "Sound Does Not Equal Broadcast"

This is the danger from "Sound Does Not Equal Broadcast:"

1. Muffled highs

2. Depressed soundstage

3. Squashed dynamics

:wtf:

Back
Top Bottom