Humble Classic Setup

gamedojo

I joined this forum a couple of weeks ago after finally getting into vinyl for the first time.

I don't believe in systems that overtake a room and cost more then the house they are in. I am picky about sound, and have managed to compile a rather surprisingly amazing sounding system for cheap.

• Boston Acoustics T930s - $100/pr
• Sansui SR-313 - $80
• Onkyo Tx 4500 - $40 (along with 6 other random system stuff)
• Record Cab/shelf - $20

So, as you can see, my whole system costs less then most of you pay for one Cartridge, but You'd be surprised if you heard this in action. "neutral" is the output of my system. But very alive sounding. Rather inspiring IMO.

homeaudio.jpg

The OPPOSITE wall is less humble. Got a nice Panasonic Projector presenting 140" of FUN!

screen.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice and loving that Onkyo as well. But what I am loving most is that "portable" Marshall! Details?

Very nice and loving that Onkyo as well. But what I am loving most is that "portable" Marshall! Details?

Thanks!

The Marshall is actually a JTM45/100 clone I built sourcing all parts carefully. Pretty cool sounding amp that makes me proud everytime I gig.

Audio Clip Here

the more I get into home audio, I might consider building a Tube power amp. We shall see...

Are you kidding me? My left speaker terminal cost more than that whole set up and it sounds amazing just by itself (without the speaker) :banana:

Just kidding .. I had a set of those Boston's before and they do sound nice. You have a great system!! Welcome.

That's the beauty of this hobby. You can find absolute treasures for very little money and put together an amazing system.

I joined this forum a couple of weeks ago after finally getting into vinyl for the first time.

I don't believe in systems that overtake a room and cost more then the house they are in. I am picky about sound, and have managed to compile a rather surprisingly amazing sounding system for cheap.

• Boston Acoustics T930s - $100/pr
• Sansui SR-313 - $80
• Onkyo Tx 4500 - $40 (along with 6 other random system stuff)
• Record Cab/shelf - $20

So, as you can see, my whole system costs less then most of you pay for one Cartridge, but You'd be surprised if you heard this in action. "neutral" is the output of my system. But very alive sounding. Rather inspiring IMO.

homeaudio.jpg

The OPPOSITE wall is less humble. Got a nice Panasonic Projector presenting 140" of FUN!

screen.jpg

That's a great system all around. I love the Boston speakers and the vintage Onyko receiver.

Back
Top Bottom