Humble system in progress

Both are very nice speakers for the book shelf system. I used to have a 7.1 Paradigm/Denon system. Cannot complain about either as they are both well regarded. I don't think either has ever produced any schitty products. I believe it is an "either or" situation between these two. I sold off all my Paradigm/Denon to get into two channel audio.
I guess I'm a bit jaded these days. I think my ears are more fond of good quality vintage kit than modern gear unless one is going into the "high-end" audiophile segment.... which I cannot afford so I'll stick to vintage... LOL
I had an ADC Soundshaper eq years ago and ended up giving it to a fellow from New Glasgow as a wedding gift who wanted a decent EQ. Personally, I don't use EQs. I find most systems there's no need for them unless the speakers you're using demand one like the Bose 901 or the Interface D for example...

I can understand how pointless an eq would be on my current setup. Like I said it sounds even better without it on and i was running it flattened out anyway. It def looks cool haha.

So two channel audio..since my receiver is a vintage receiver would it be weird to run two bookshelves as my monitors? Im looking to reserve space and I don't think I'd be able to hookup a subwoofer to my receiver.?

What you're doing is perfect. Fine. Two book shelf monitors/speakers with a receiver is fabulous especially if, like my office, space is an issue..... You might consider a passive sub? That might give you a bit more depth... Good luck and cheers from up'ere...
Passive sub on a receiver? I wouldn't recommend that. Passive subwoofers work best with their own separate amplifiers. Best not to weigh the receiver down with additional things to power.

went with the paradigm mini monitors. WOW is all i have to say. what a difference in sound compared to my old speakers. The amount of clarity is night and day. Honestly, I can't even imagine adding a subwoofer to this setup yet. The bass is actually very impressive for the small size of these speakers.

Back
Top Bottom