Humble vibrations

IMG_3992.JPG Well the RCA receiver didn't get to hang out on the system shelf very long at all... Found an SX-7 on Craigslist for a reasonable price... couldn't resist... so the RCA has been kicked off the table...

A sharp eye will notice the missing bass knob. That's the only issue with the receiver. Coincidentally I just so happen to have an SX-4 with the same knobs...

Update: main speakers are now Realistic Nova 6's. Picked them up Sunday afternoon for $35. Look minty fresh, but found out when I got them home they both had dead tweeters... (didn't notice when I auditioned them pre-purchase). No big deal though, I already had tweeters ordered for my Fisher XP-65k's but they were a perfect fit for the 6's so in they went... great looking speakers, and I really like the sound! I have reached acoustic contentment!

Update: main speakers are now Realistic Nova 6's. Picked them up Sunday afternoon for $35. Look minty fresh, but found out when I got them home they both had dead tweeters... (didn't notice when I auditioned them pre-purchase). No big deal though, I already had tweeters ordered for my Fisher XP-65k's but they were a perfect fit for the 6's so in they went... great looking speakers, and I really like the sound! I have reached acoustic contentment!
LOL. Of course you have

No really, I'm happy with my setup! Unless I find another good deal...

Honestly though, I'm not the kind of guy who is always searching for something more to make me happy, I'm content with what I have. That doesn't mean I can't upgrade if I find something that fits the budget... but I don't have to...

IMG_4269.JPG
Update again... Technics turntable out, Realistic LAB-440 in!

Edit- don't think I mentioned the Sony DVP-NC675P that I picked up to spin CD's...

Last edited:
This is a fun journey... I've bought and sold a bunch of stuff since my last post in this thread... let's see, I've still got the minimus 7's (in homemade MDF cabinets now), still got the Nova 6's now with stock tweeters, and the Optimus T-120's. I've built my own speakers with 10's (3-way)- they're done but still naked (no veneer yet), and I picked up a pair of Pioneer CS-88 speakers... Still have the SX-7 receiver, and the realistic STA-82, but also scored a free Sony STR-D1011S... that one also came with a TC-WR635S tape deck and a CDP-C910 cd changer... the Sony DVD changer is still here, and the LAB-440 is still spinning the vinyl... there's been some stuff that has come and gone, but that's the list of what's still here... I've gathered a small collection of CD's, and my pile of vinyl is also growing...

I think I'm at a point where I'm happy with my systems... I'm running what I call "frankeneers" (pioneer cs-88 drivers in homemade boxes from Craigslist) with the Sony STR-D1011s in the basement/mancave, the Realistic STA-82 is powering the Nova 6's in the bedroom, the SX-7 is in the garage with some tiny JBL bookshelf speakers. I've still got the custom speakers and a bigger pair of JBL's in "standby" mode. I haven't posted here much recently because I've been simply enjoying the music...

Time for another update... I've got three systems running. Bedroom: Technics ST-S98A tuner, SU-V96 amp, SL-P117 CD player, Realistic LAB-440 turntable, and Rectilinear XIa speakers. Living room: Realistic STA-82 receiver, Sony DVP-NC675P CD/DVD player, DLK 1-1/2 speakers, and an Amazon Firestick. Basement man cave: Sony STR-D1011S receiver, Sony CDP-C910 CD player, Frankeneer speakers, and custom-built 3-way speakers. You guys are gonna laugh at me but I really think things aren't gonna change from these setups for a while... no, really...

Back
Top Bottom