hunt for a TU9900's friend

human francis

Hello,

Im begining my search for an intergrated amp, and because i owne a tu9900 bought very cheep, im looking into Sansui. The AU9900 is very nice. I live in england so does anyone know how often these come up and what price they go for?
Ive seen this one in the US http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3058591558&category=3280
I wonder weather it would be cheaper to buy overseas either from us or germany?
If i cant find an AU9900, What other intergrateds would you suggest and recomend, my speakers are 1980? missions 86dBA sensitivity 8 ohm.

Thanks a lot for any guidance,

francis.

Last edited:
You can use free Online translator programs in order to get an approximate English description:

Sansui Au-d9 amplifier Connoisseurs will know that it outstanding upper class a full amplifier here of beginning of the 80's with wood sides concern. The equipment comes from a nonsmoker household and exhibits therefore none of the usual customs and smell traces. A few technical data: 2x 95W at 8 ohms (from 10 to 20,000 cycles per second) connections: 2x record player (MC and mm September advice adjustably), 1x tuner, 2x Tape and 2x2 loudspeaker original guidance is attached to the amplifier! Former price approx.. 800 USD! With inquiry still better pictures can be sent. One considers also my other auction with the suitable Sansui tuner. Note: The amplifier weighs around the 16 kg! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Free visitor counters of Andale. Data to payment and dispatch packing and dispatch: Data take you please from the above description or turn you to the salesman buyer carry forwarding expenses trust service: Available dispatch only after: Germany payment references of the salesman: Buyer carries forwarding expenses (additional to the auction price). All further after arrangement by email. Accepted payment methods transfer cash payment during collection information to payment methods. Service Liability insurance for only 39 euro! Noch'n good deal: Personal loan on-line Packages comfortably and favorably send away! Requirement deliver Sansui Au-d9 amplifier current requirement: EUR 50.00 your maximum requirement: EUR (you enter to EUR 51.00 at least) eBay offers automatically for you with up to the height of your maximum requirement. More about offering. What would you like to do next? back to the starting side | | question to the salesman | offer to a friend send an offering by telephone | to the start of page Beginning of offer: 15.11.03 16:36:18 MEZ offer end: 22.11.03 16:36:18 MEZ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Forums and Cafés | evaluation forum | rules and security | over eBay | eBay reports Starting side | mine eBay | overview | purchase | selling | service | searches | assistance | community Copyright © 1995-2003 eBay Inc.. All rights reserve. Proven marks belong to their respective owners. With the use of this side you do not recognize the eBay AGB and the data security explanation eBay on take over adhesion for contents of verlinkter external InterNet sides.

Hey thanks BeatleFred,

I mailed both sellers, the shipping from germany would be 28 Euros/dollars which i think is great and the seller replied really quickly. I havent recieved a reply from the US seller yet.
Ive read your previous posts about the AU-d9 (and 11). It sounds like a good amp. Would you think the AU9900 is worth like $250+ more than the D9? I think it looks nice with the silver and would even better with matching tuner, but i really only care about the sound quality (Vs cost).

Thanks,

francis.

Hi Francis:

The AU-9900 is a nice amp but for the extra money that you stated it would cost, and this is for an AU-9900 mind you- not the more powerful AU-11000, I think the AU-D9 would definitely be the better choice in your situation. The matching tuner to the AU-D11 & AU-D9 is the TU-S9 and I think I did see one on Ebay Germany- if so, and the price is reasonable, I think the TU-S9 would also be an excellent buy. Its a digital tuner - the pushbutton switches on it are a bit "plasticky" but the cabinet looks very nice and its superb in its ability to pull in stations.

B/F

Back
Top Bottom