Hurricane Harvey...!

Luther posted pics of his get-together about 8:00pm last night with no mention of any problems. Things were rough enough here yesterday morning I decided not to get down there. Ive had 11 inches of rain so far - rain and wind is slacking off a little but we're still looking at a couple more days of rain.

I can't think of some of the guys down that way except for House De Kris is probably right in the middle of it all. Hope things are OK with all the AK members.

Alan

Sorry to be a downer, but I'm seeing this as being worst than Catrena. Just looking at the population in Houston and the need to relocate people will be a huge challenge. A high rise apartment with 400 tenants, with the whole fist level flooded will need to be moved out, till clean-up and work is completed.

I am just outside of Houston and the broadcast video of the flooding in Houston is unbelievable. The Harris County rain gauges show about 20 inches of rain in the last 24 hours with most of it coming in the last 12 hours. We got lucky at my house so far. The center of Harvey has not move much in the last day so there is the potential for more heavy rain today. What a mess! Thank you all for your prayers.

I am just outside of Houston and the broadcast video of the flooding in Houston is unbelievable. The Harris County rain gauges show about 20 inches of rain in the last 24 hours with most of it coming in the last 12 hours. We got lucky at my house so far. The center of Harvey has not move much in the last day so there is the potential for more heavy rain today. What a mess! Thank you all for your prayers.
I've got the highest house in the entire neighborhood, so I'm not even worried about flooding.

My sister in law's town just got shown on CBS where they are getting an inch of rain per hour. She is ok and has a contingency plan to shelter with neighbors, but the opportunity to evacuate has passed. Forecast is for another two feet of rain between now and Thursday. Folks may be ok now, but it looks like this isn't even half over. Stay alert!

Last edited:
I lived in Rockport for seven years before coming to Houston. It breaks my heart to see what happened there. When you live on the Gulf Coast you know it can happen, but you think it won't. We ran to San Antonio when Gilbert went into Mexico, but we had a week to think about it. The way Harvey popped up many people just had to stay. Surprising to me that there was only one fatality in Rockport / Fulton.

I hope that this nightmare will not cost too much lives, any one is one too much. I hope that this will be over pretty soon!

Again: Take care folks!!!

Unfortunately, it won't be over soon. Most of the predictions -- which have been pretty much on target so far -- indicate that only about half the rain has fallen thus far and that it will continue possibly until Friday . . . How long it will take for it to even subside after that is anyone's guess. It seems that it really may end up being a 1000 year flood.

Back
Top Bottom