Hurricane Irma Craigslist score!

audiodogster

BRnvgCZ.jpg

Yamaha CA-410 II. Class was cancelled today and tomorrow because of Irma so I decided to check Craigslist and found this for $25. Drove over to Publix to use the ATM (pro tip: Publix ATMs have no fee), and the power was out as I pulled up. I went and parked anyway and the power came back on as I parked so I could use the ATM. Went to meet the seller at a convenience store and gave him $30 for driving out there in the weather. Got home, hooked it up and it works great! Just needs some deoxit and new bulbs, might replace some capacitors at some point but it sounds great with my Klipsch Forte and Yamaha PF-800 turntable. Very impressed with the build quality though this was supposed to be one of their budget integrated amplifiers back in the day.
mJ1cdPH.jpg

I still miss and lament selling my CA-800, in original box, with manual. I had given 50 bucks for it. Can't remember what I let it go for.

TuqcNAy.jpg

All cleaned up! Not sure why my phone just can't take a decent photo. Took a while to figure out how to get the balance knob off. The service manual says it pulls straight off, neglected to mention the two set screws although it does mention the set screws on the input and rec out knobs. Again quite impressed by the build quality, the machining costs for the knobs and faceplate would put this in the high end these days. Sounds quite good, 40wpc, and lower distortion than any of my newer receivers. I think I want to try a C-60 or similar preamp one of these days.

But it will probably need possibly a new belt and a couple drops of 50,000 weight silicone oil. <-- Q-lever dampening.

You will really like that TT.
I love it! It was my first decent table (before I had my mom's table which I would say is similar in build quality to the LP60 except with less adjustment) so I can't really compare it to anything. I've been using it for 8 months or so. Well, I guess it sounds better than my Garrard SL95 but that one definitely needs a new idler plus a new stylus and proper dialing in.

But it will probably need possibly a new belt and a couple drops of 50,000 weight silicone oil. <-- Q-lever dampening.
Belt seems to be fine but I have been thinking about buying a replacement at some point just to see if it makes a difference, no clue how old the one on it is. It definitely needs the damper refilled but I haven't wanted to tear into it yet. I've got an Ortofon OM cartridge body on it with a Jico OM30 replacement (original OM30 stylus was shot, didn't want to drop $250 on a new one), sounds superb.

What I understand from a news story, anyone can own a public ATM, which includes criminals! Only use an ATM at a bank for security reasons.

Nice Yammie! :thumbsup:
I don't think it should be an issue using the ones outside of Publixes, they're all owned by Publix. Never heard of skimmers on those but my bank has been targeted a few times.

Back
Top Bottom