HX-10000 does really exist

lmfree

I've chased this piece for a long time and have finally completed the Centennial Anniversary Series. A real work of art!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I've chased this piece for a long time and have finally completed the Centennial Anniversary Series. A real work of art[/IMG]

Almost, you still need a pair of NS-10000. They where also part of the Centennial system.

But... what a great system :thmbsp: Also interesting that you have 2 x CDX-2020 and a GT-CD1 or is it a 2?

Oh and naked's are a most :)

Congrats on the find. If you're a former USAF guy, you may like Ray Samuels line of amps for headphones, preamps, and portable amps for headphones. I don't anything in the line but the build quality is military quality and all of equipment is military build quality. His least expensive preamp has gotten the best reviews. I don't own any of it but I lust after that equipment because I've never seen anything built like it. Ray learned his methods after years of working on various types of fighters and other famous aircraft and names various models of his equipment after a particular model plane. I've never heard any of it so I can't comment on the quality of the sound but he has full pictures of all of the equipment, particularly the inside so you can see what true quality equipment that looks to be built to last forever looks like. Ray went from swords to plowshares but I respect his ability to build equipment with capacitor and resistor precision unlike I've ever seen. And the build quality is incredible. My grandpa was an AF guy, serving in the Army in the signal corp until he transferred into the AF in the 40s when it was split off from the army and served until 1958. Then he went into another field selling electronic equipment. But Ray's stuff is beyond anything I've seen in build quality. I'm not advocating his equipment because I've never heard it but it's fun to go to his website to look at the build quality. http://raysamuelsaudio.com/#

Almost, you still need a pair of NS-10000. They where also part of the Centennial system.

But... what a great system :thmbsp: Also interesting that you have 2 x CDX-2020 and a GT-CD1 or is it a 2?

Oh and naked's are a most :)

I have one CDX-2020 but it isn't in this picture. There are 2 CDX-10000's in the picture and yes that is a GT-CD1 . I don't even consider the NS-10000's a possibility; I guess that is why I figure its as complete as possible. I have a pair of NS-2000 which look like NS-10000's but the FX-1's sound much better. The person I deal with said he has never seen a pair of NS-10000's...GF-1's are more common
From top to bottom on the rack: GT-CD1, after market YOP, TX-2000, HX-10000, CDX-10000, CX-10000, CDX-10000, MX-10000. Left: GT-2000X on FX-1. Right: GT-2000 on FX-1

Naked's!!!! I just hooked everything up!:tears:

I'm not advocating his equipment because I've never heard it but it's fun to go to his website to look at the build quality. http://raysamuelsaudio.com/#

Now that was a lot of talk for something you don't advocate, there is just one big problem - it is not Yamaha :)

lmfree: Ok, you can play it for a few days :smoke: but then... :D

I have seen 2 or 3 set's of the NS-10000 for sale here in europe in the last 2 years, but they are quite expensive - especially with the org. stands. So just keep looking, one day you will get that really big smile.

Oh... now you need the GF-1's and then you don't need the MX-10000 hmm... :scratch2:

And how did I overlook it was the 10000 and not the 2020... I need nore gear.

Now that was a lot of talk for something you don't advocate, there is just one big problem - it is not Yamaha :)

lmfree: Ok, you can play it for a few days :smoke: but then... :D

I have seen 2 or 3 set's of the NS-10000 for sale here in europe in the last 2 years, but they are quite expensive - especially with the org. stands. So just keep looking, one day you will get that really big smile.

Oh... now you need the GF-1's and then you don't need the MX-10000 hmm... :scratch2:

And how did I overlook it was the 10000 and not the 2020... I need nore gear.

No I don't need the GF-1's...they would cost as much as everything in the 10000 series combined. But it is nice to know there are some NS-10000's out there. The sales person I deal with in Japan has never seen a pair of NS-10000's but has sold several GF-1's. I need to look in Europe!:D

Here they are.

It is a temporary setup whilst I build a build the primary system.

The DP700 feeds a YAL YFD-18 dac, Shindo 77 pre and McIntosh MC275's bridged.

I await the Yamaha SIT amps (B1 and B2) and the Technics SE-A1.

The Yamaha's will eventually be replaced by larger TAD speakers.

Richard

Attachments

• P1060671.jpg
    P1060671.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 180
  • P1060643.jpg
    P1060643.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 120
  • P1060660.jpg
    P1060660.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 137
Very Nice....NS-10000's with original stands:scratch2:
Some other nice pieces from Accuphase and MacIntosh as well!
I would love to hear that setup:yes:

Here they are.

It is a temporary setup whilst I build a build the primary system.

The DP700 feeds a YAL YFD-18 dac, Shindo 77 pre and McIntosh MC275's bridged.

I await the Yamaha SIT amps (B1 and B2) and the Technics SE-A1.

The Yamaha's will eventually be replaced by larger TAD speakers.

Richard

do you own a technics se-a1?? is the only missing gear in my
technics se-a collection... if you ever want to sell it, please let
my now....
beautyfull speakers those yamaha, will love to get them for my
cenntenial gear ( but I rather get the se-a1 )
regards and congratulations

Sure, I have had several messages about it on AK and through other forums.

R

do you own a technics se-a1?? is the only missing gear in my
technics se-a collection... if you ever want to sell it, please let
my now....
beautyfull speakers those yamaha, will love to get them for my
cenntenial gear ( but I rather get the se-a1 )
regards and congratulations

You have one seriously droolworthy setup, lmfree. One question, do you not play much vinyl? I ask as both turntables are right on top of your speakers. Even with turntables as nice as the GT-2000, I imagine you would see sonic improvements by relocating them farther from the sources of vibration.

Back
Top Bottom