I´ll never figure out wimmin..

avionic

" Black Knights "------- F-15 " Wizard "
Subscriber
My wife is doing some sewing in a small room next to my audio room.There are two sets of NS-1000's and a set of NS-690's no more than 15 feet away.I currently have the 690's hooked up to CDfac's Yamaha PC5002M (600+ WPC) with a yamaha C-2 preamp and a Yamaha CDX-930 CDP.And my wife is listening to one of her favorite Icelandic CD's with a tiny little Sony boombox.I asked her if she wanted me to really crank up her tunes..."No, I like my SONY".:dunno:

Last edited:
haha! i'm surprised because my wife loves it when i put on her music. she likes to do pilates with Lady Gaga shaking the foundation.

Thats too funny:lmao: My girlfriend tells me what she likes so I put it on and crank it. She really likes Queensryche so I blast that. Until she either closes the bedroom doors to watch TV or tells me to turn it down before the neighbors call the cops:grumpy:

Who is Lady Gaga? I guess this video sums it up (killer song if your speakers are capable of really deep bass, ditto for many of her songs, and pretty good production to boot). She's not bad as far as pop stars go, IMHO. She's funnier than most and not as full of herself. Interesting sense of fashion, though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0veI2AoiHU

My girlfriend came with Hafler separates and two Technics 1210s. I still don't understand 'em, though.

My wife Loves my Stereo and likes to sit and listen for hours. She will even get up to change the Record on my all manual TT and does a great job of it. She`s Definitely a Keeper. :thmbsp::D

My wife is doing some sewing in a small room next to my audio room.There are two sets of NS-1000's and a set of NS-690's no more than 15 feet away.I currently have the 690's hooked up to CDfac's Yamaha PC5002M (600+ WPC) with a yamaha C-2 preamp and a Yamaha CDX-930 CDP.And my wife is listening to one of her favorite Icelandic CD's with a tiny little Sony boombox.I asked her if she wanted me to really crank up her tunes..."No, I like my SONY".:dunno:

The air must be getting thin up there!!! A boombox.......oh my :screwy: LOL!!

A simple matter of yours vs hers ...

My take:

15 feet away can be a hassle.

boombox is close and intimate and she can change out without a lot of distraction or hassle.

I imagine her main attention and goal is with the sewing with music as incidental background rather than to dance and rock out to Icelandic tunes or being captive to a stereo system and sit in the sweet spot.

And the Number 1 reason: the Sony is hers ... :yes:

just a thought ... ;) :scratch2:

Sorry to admit this but my wife is also very happy with her little Sony boom box that she has stationed in the kitchen. Once in a while, she does in the mood for some raucous music. Then, and only then, am I allowed to play her CDs on my system on "11". Otherwise, I have to keep it down to a maximum of "1", when she is at home.

I may "know how to drive this one" but there sure are a lot of twists and turns.

DK

Whoa,whoa....

Classic "I'm fine with this small compact all-in-one plastic "player"."psychology.Don't respond at all,its a trap...It will come back at some point in the relationship when your BOTH making "compromises" to strengthen your marriage or some such nonsense.

Ummmm i don't know how to help,its probably already too late.......goodluck brother,fight the good fight and may the force..etc.etc.

cheers

Back
Top Bottom