I am a new to this forum hoping i can get some feedback for setting up my old Crown DL2 distinction

As Crown fanatic I would suggest you took the preamp and power amps to a competent CROWN tech for a check-up first. after they are healthy, get the rest checked out as they ARE getting up in years. I did it to my PSA-2 2 years ago. Same with D150 and D75. All needed some old drippy caps replaced.

I will do that..thanks! Now to find a reputable place to take it to in Eugene, Oregon maybe somewhat of a challenge. Small town.

I will see what I can do to help a Lassie out, sorry for the lack of attention :^(
Happy Thanksgiving,
Jim
@Blue Shadow

Last edited:
I will see what I can do to help a Lassie out, sorry for the lack of attention :^(
Happy Thanksgiving,
Jim
@Blue Shadow
We've been talking. But I didn't get an alert to your @

Just waiting on a response to the use of the function buttons as the Power button is designed to put the DL into stand-by/mute.

Never heard or saw how the amps are hooked up but she has the manuals and should be able to hook them up according to the manual. With 801s and no ext crossover that seems to indicate a bridged SA-2 per channel. If those speakers will take all that power, wow, that will be something.

I missed the space in tour handle. :^(
Thanks for helping,
Jim

I wonder if it is still possible to connect to the computer interface on the DL2. The manual has a very lengthy section on programming in 8080 assembly language. o_O

As Crown fanatic I would suggest you took the preamp and power amps to a competent CROWN tech for a check-up first. after they are healthy, get the rest checked out as they ARE getting up in years. I did it to my PSA-2 2 years ago. Same with D150 and D75. All needed some old drippy caps replaced.
I will take yor advice and locate a competent Crown Tech to check it all out. As far as locating parts that has bern difficult
From what I can see, there are no authorized Crown services centers in Oregon. The closest are in Washington state.

https://pro.harman.com/service_centers?utf8=✓&q[state_eq]=WA&q[service_groups_name_eq]=Crown&commit=Search
Thanks for your info..

Thanks for your input. I had someone come and look at it on his way to sailing his way to the Orient. Got as far as needing a power button switch which is no longer available so now i will prob take one of my other switch buttons and take it since i won't be needing to use it anyway. Its a the journey not the destination... thats so not true in my case! Lol!

I wonder if it is still possible to connect to the computer interface on the DL2. The manual has a very lengthy section on programming in 8080 assembly language. o_O
To be completely honest with you i dont know what you mean .... as you can probably tell i am just in the learning stage and often as advice is passed to me i do the research and study what i have been advised to do. In other words i dont know what connecting to tbe computer interface on the dl2 is suppose to do? And what you mean by that.
I do have complete manuals to all of components. But not for the B&W 801 speakers.

To be completely honest with you i dont know what you mean .... as you can probably tell i am just in the learning stage and often as advice is passed to me i do the research and study what i have been advised to do. In other words i dont know what connecting to tbe computer interface on the dl2 is suppose to do? And what you mean by that.
I do have complete manuals to all of components. But not for the B&W 801 speakers.

The computer interface on the DL2 allows nearly all of the functionality of the DL2 to be accessed from a computer just like using the controls manually. This would make it the ultimate remote control. As I said earlier, the DL2 manual has a lengthy section on the required physical interface and how to access the controls by a program using 8080 Assembly Language. That is about 40 years out of date. I was wondering whether anyone has done any work on using a modern computer system for this purpose. I imagine the work involved might be as much as a few thousand walks to the DL2 itself so it would be for the fanatic only.

The computer interface on the DL2 allows nearly all of the functionality of the DL2 to be accessed from a computer just like using the controls manually. This would make it the ultimate remote control. As I said earlier, the DL2 manual has a lengthy section on the required physical interface and how to access the controls by a program using 8080 Assembly Language. That is about 40 years out of date. I was wondering whether anyone has done any work on using a modern computer system for this purpose. I imagine the work involved might be as much as a few thousand walks to the DL2 itself so it would be for the fanatic only.
Well i am going to ask my good friend i call "the computer guy" if he can find out more about it and if it is possible to make that happen. I will give him a text right now as a mater of fact. I will post and update as progress happens.

Back
Top Bottom