I am APPROVED for Surgery... (update, 8/2/18)

Thanks for the update.

Took me a month to get approval for an MRI on my knee that has been bugging me for over a year.

Best of luck to you..

I lived and worked with two destroyed knees for 8+ years. When the doctor opened up the first xrays, his comment was "yuck". I took Darvocet until they banned it for causing heart rhythm problems, which was something I was hospitalized for in 2005. Darvocet was removed from the market and then I used hydrocodone 7.5 mg. I finally had both knees replaced over the Summer of 2016. The PT was way painful, but I kept up with it at the therapist's and at home. It paid off as walking gives me very little pain now. I still have to take the pain pills, but this is now for my lower back which has little if any cartilage anymore. Give the therapy all you've got. It pays you back in spades.

Good luck jcamero! About 4 years ago I had my ACL replaced with a tendon from a cadaver, and my lateral meniscus trimmed up. The procedure was a complete success!
No pain, and my knee is as stable as ever. I think surgical technology and knowledge have come a long way.

I will echo what many others have said...I believe physical therapy was KEY...but unfortunately was the hardest part. That's when I took the pain pills- before PT, and pushed it
as hard as I could.

.I believe physical therapy was KEY...but unfortunately was the hardest part. That's when I took the pain pills- before PT, and pushed it as hard as I could.

My wife had a knee replaced some years back. One of the things they told her in the hospital was do NOT put a pillow under your knee when resting - put it under your heel so it "locks" the knee, so to speak. She didn't do it very often, and her first therapist was worthless and never gave it any attention. She had a different therapist after a week or so, and he noticed the issue with lack of mobility. After figuring out what was wrong, he asked her if she wanted him to "fix" it, to which she agreed. He sat her on the table, put two pillows under her heel, then told her to hold on because it was going to hurt. She did, and it did. She said she could feel things stretching and popping as he pushed down on her knee. A couple more shoves, then he backed off. It killed her for about 5 minutes, then subsided. From that day on, she improved with leaps and bounds. After that, she wouldn't see any other therapist but him.

Actually the insurance company was never an issue. I only received one call, asking how the injury happened. Most delays were scheduling issues. I waited a week to make a Doctor appointment, thinking the pain would go away, and had to wait 4 days for the appointment. The MRI was about 2 weeks after the initial Doctor appointment. Scheduling to see the Orthopedic surgeon was a 2-1/2 week wait. Then scheduling surgery, was another 2-1/2 week wait. In between was a health physical to clear me for surgery. Yes, I wish it was a faster process.
Good Luck and heal fast.

It SUCKS! that needed procedures need to wait on the bureaucracy of insurance companies. I hate that.

Take care of yourself.

Back
Top Bottom