I am so old I remember........

tyeeslayer

Regardless of your age you can do this.

I am so old I remember when MTV was all music videos.

Your turn :D

I remember when prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders.

I remember when the TV picture was black and white and when someone was gay it
meant he was happy.

I am so old you didnt always know what the artist looked like till LONG after you heard the song......

I remember when TV was mostly B&W, they only had color for special things..I remember cars w/no A/C..I remember when women primarily wore dresses.. And hats..And gloves..I remember Cadillacs w/Fins...Suicide door Lincolns, Volkwagen minibuses that had 3 dozen-seemingly-windows on 'em..I remember talking to WW1 veterans..I remember JFK being shot..Richard Speck...Body counts in VietNam ,MLK being shot..RFK being shot, Landing on the Moon.."Nixon Now, More than Ever"..6 day war..Golda Meir...Tareyton Smokers would rather Fight than switch..101..A silly millimeter longer.. Sixty-Six...Best year yet to go Ford..You're in the Pepsi Generation... Good Night, David.. Good Night, Chet.. And Good Night from NBC News.. Take it off.. Take it ALL off... That's a Spicy Meat-a-Ball..The Name that's known is FIRESTONE..Where the Rubber Meets the Road..

I remember when cassettes came out. I thought those stupid little things would never replace 8-tracks.:yes:

Also, to correct the tonearm VTF you simply taped on another nickel. To fix an 8-track's sound you just jammed one or two quarters between the 8-track and the player.

Four black and white TV channels, I was my Dad's "remote control". Cleaning the TV tuner with tuner contact cleaner. 45 RPM records. The only thing on the FM radio was two classical stations. Burnstein Applebe {B&A} catalogs. Allied Radio catalogs. The introduction of "Stereo". Building Heathkits. Building Eico kits. Ceramic phono cartridges.
My Wilcox-Gay Recordio. Cars only had AM radios that were optional. FM converters for your car. Vibrosonics. Hi-Way Hi-Fi record players. The powerhouse AM radio stations, CKLW the big 8. Micky Shorr. Wolfman Jack. Redline tires on my 1962 Chevy. NASCAR stock cars were REALLY stock cars. Dyno Don Nickelson. Bill Grumpy Jenkins. Big Daddy Don Garlits. Connie Kalitta. Sox & Matrtin. Bill Maverick Golden. Dick Landry. Roger Lindamood. Don the Snake Perdome. Jimmy Durante. Aurthur Godfrey. Five tube AC-DC table radios. Lafayette Radio stores. People got dressed up to go to church and to funerals. Being able to play a record album before you bought it. Buying a Coke and fries at the Woolworth lunch counter. Godzilla movies. Three on the tree sedans.

Last edited:
Teen age boys working on cars and motorcycles.

Bultacos included....:yes:

Walter Cronkite

Top 40

CYO dances

When McDonald's was the new thing and had walkup windows..

50212d17a1a9bd49_s-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom