I am so touched by everyones big hearts

grumpy

Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma
Staff member
Admin
Sponsor
Subscriber
First let me say I am so proud to be a part of this site. Our members are the very best ! I am not a man of many words but I'll give it a shot at explaining.

This year I was so disappointed in myself, let me explain. The misses and I had planned on kicking off our holiday charity funds drive with a huge push early to try and top last years totals. Some of you may, or may not know, but I have severe health issues. Some days just getting out of bed is not possible. Well couple that with a severe case of the flu that the wife and I have been fighting for close to 3 weeks and its been near impossible for us to even find much time to log in to AK. It was depressing us both so badly that we felt terrible not to be able to help our families..

That is where all of you stepped in, I mean up ! It is truly amazing the amount of items our generous members have put up for auction to help our families. Its not just those who have given items, but those who have bid on them. And lets not forget all those warm hearted folks who have made donations.

Again we are so touched and proud of all of you. Wishing you all a happy and healthy holiday season.

Nancy and David

Dave it takes a team and when one man/women are down the team picks up the ball and runs with it. I had thought about starting early this year also as it will be great to beat all past years. And from what I see we will, everyone is starting some great auctions this year and your right, it looks like a lot more of them.

Just take care of yourself and Nancy so she can go shopping...:banana:

Without you creating AK, all this would have never happened Dave. We should be thanking you, your wife and the others that volunteer their time to this site. Hope you folks feel better soon and Happy Holidays

Thanks for all your understanding. And again a HUGE thank you to everyone fore stepping up.

Having been a fan of old school "mail list groups" that long predate message boards and forums I will say that this is as fine as it gets. Most public forums denigrate into a sewer and never, ever would it be safe to post personal info let alone send each other money and such. Those mail lists were like minded folks and very polite and safe, but slow moving. Most forums or message boards nothing like those original mail lists. AK is and it is a great place.

I hope you two find health soon and always know the old timers here as well as us newbies will always pitch in. Financially and also to pick up the work load where we can.

Thanks for all you do and for making AK possible.

David

This flu has kicked my butt but I am kinda functioning now and have a little catching up to do. But I am going to find the first few families this week and make plans to go shopping with them.

I cannot thank the members enough for stepping up and keeping things going here with the auctions while we were sick.

You are the best and I just hope that I can make you proud.
Nancy

By the way Dave and all the others here and posting/bidding in the charities. Not only have the members steped up helping feed friends and family they are reaching out to help a fellow brother on the site. I can't believe all the support people are giving to John JBL GUY for the hardship that hit him a few weeks ago. I to am very proud and nothing but respect for all involved in any manner for this man.

While we are not made of money we know money isn't everything and a little bit of giving from a lot of people really can do some good.

Mike (63pontiac) is really making us all look like pikers! All those newly purchased RSD LPs. What fantastic spirit of giving Mike. Blessings to you and yours.

AK really does have a leg up on all other groups and forums.

Today was recovery day. I had to get caught up with some "family" stuff. Wanted to get some rest...didn't happen. lol

Will be looking for more families tomorrow.

Just saw this, Sorry things went south for you, But have seen you both posting, So hopefully doing better. I have back issues, Not good days when it flares up.

Thanks for all you do, And the staff. I know of no forums that do what you do this time of year. Shout out to 4-2-7, Really quality vinyl to help the cause.

So many generous people, those who open their collections, and those who open their wallets. You folks amaze me, every year!

Back
Top Bottom