1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

I barely escaped with my life from AK Fest 2007

Discussion in 'AKFest 2007' started by Wigwam Jones, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Andyman

Andyman Scroungus Stereophilus Subscriber

Damn, I missed that Bose demo Wiggy!!!

Great job with the pics and prose; sorry I didn't get any time to hang with you Saturday. I saw you, but then you were gone; must have been that call.........:dammit:

Please register to disable this ad.

2. sleddogman

sleddogman Super Member

You're a credit to the City of Galesburg. Excellent job, sir. :thmbsp:

Next year for sure...!

3. slow_jazz

slow_jazz AK Subscriber Subscriber

great write-up wigwam..... great pictures also...

4. Sandy G

Sandy G Spiteful Old Cuss Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

..The pic of the hotel had one of the upper-floor windows open...Was that the room where they were "roof-testing" Bose, Soundesign & Yorx stuff ? <grin>

5. Wigwam Jones

Wigwam Jones Caesar non supra grammati

I got called in to work - a support call from a customer. I'm on call 24x7, but I don't usually get called on weekends. I worked until 11:30 p.m., then went to bed. Woke up at 2 a.m. when my roommate's friends came rolling in drunk. Seems they had gotten into a fight outside a RO bar, one of them had his head split open, blood ever where. They were very drunk and screaming and yelling at each other. Kept me up until 5 a.m. Went to bed, got up at 8:30 a.m. Sunday when the customer called back with more problems. What a weekend. To say I was ticked off would be putting it mildly. This is what happens when you rent a room in a house with others.

6. thedelihaus

thedelihaus Nocturnal transmissions

Ahh, your blog just made my bookmarked top-20 (but there's only 13 in it so far...).

You are now alongside Jalopy Junktown, Coop's Positive Ape, HooptyRides, JesseGersten.com, Maakies, Head Injury Theater, Still life With Cranston richie, AudioKarma, another berloved audiosite, The Great Motorcycle Pizza Tour, Retrocrush, and Craigslist.

I will visit often to partake in your posted delights...

7. merrylander

merrylander AK Member

What a write-up! Sorry we did not connect as it was great to meet so many friends face-to-face. The organizers did one fantastic job and their good humour in the face of a hectic two days deserves plaudits from all sides. Those Ninja elevators were something else, no bells, they sneak up on you and are gone before you can blink.

Rob

8. RichPA

RichPA Don't drive angry Staff Member Super Mod Subscriber

Thanks, Wig, great pics and writeup. Looks like you got a couple of the Great DAC Shootout :)

9. Strangeband

Strangeband AK Member and Ale Monger

Thanks for the vicarious rendition of the fest for those, such as myself, who could not make the trek. That was a fun read, and the photos tell their own stories.

10. speedle

speedle Peanut gallery owner

Hey, I just realized that that first picture is in my room, when she was coming around to sell the last of the fifty-fifty tickets. I shoulda bought more!

11. RaymondLeggs

RaymondLeggs Super Member

How are the prices at the AK fest? I gotta get me some of those LP's those things are calling me and so are those receivers... I think I am going to start drinking and chasing strange women... :yikes:

12. Strawman

Strawman Moderator

I just couldn't take seeing RaymondLeggs' name anymore everytime I come to this section.
    That is all.

13. bigstereo

bigstereo Super Member

And I for one thank you for that. It gave me cause to go back and read Wiggy's write up again. Which is very entertaining. I especially love the part about the "Sansui Drop" and "Bose Tune Up".:lmao:

Also reading it over again puts me in the mindset to make more of an effort to get my ass to AKFest08.:thmbsp:

14. Strawman

Strawman Moderator

:thmbsp: