I built a better mousetrap

What are you guys NUTZ
These are freakin RODENTS.
I can't wait till they chew up a pair of somebodies $1000 speakers or rare vintage wiring in a tube amp or vintage SS amp.

They chew up and destrot anything and everything and don't care nothing about it
They are cat food. End of story and stick the humane thing where the sun don't shine.

I dispose of mice in a very humane way. After being caught in a glue trap, I send them out of town on a one way river ride down the nearest sewer grate.

wow, that's some serious trap. if its not yet patented, do so.
all of us hippie types would buy 'em.

I remember years ago we had a bit of a mouse problem, so my dad bought a full sized metal garbage can, cut a 2" hole in the middle of the lid, and sprinkled bird seed on the bottom.
mouse hops in for the seed, and cant get out. for a time, we caught MANY mice like that.

2-3 years ago, i woke up to a scurrying sound in my bedroom, I shot up out of bed, grabbed a floppy disk case off my desk, and chased the bugger into a corner, and caught it in the case.
I kept it for a few days in a small aquarium because they are cute. then i started noticing the smell.
drove to the woods nearby and let it loose.

we got fed up, and did a thorough inspection of the outside of the house, and sealed up all the nooks they could get into.

I dispose of mice in a very humane way. After being caught in a glue trap, I send them out of town on a one way river ride down the nearest sewer grate.
Glue traps are horrible...they starve to death...A cat "playing" a mouse to death is even more humane...
Keep a clean house and block entryways is the best way.

Nice work on the trap. But, mice are nothing but PITAs. They carry diseases, chew up wiring in things and leave their droppings all over. They will get in appliances and chew up insulation and wiring making their nests there. Saw plenty of this when I was an appliance tech. For those of you who don't know it, they can chew through wood, cement block and metal. The best way to keep them out of your house is to plug up cracks and holes with steel wool, they will not chew on that.
I'm sorry but I don't feel very humane towards them. They cost millions of dollars a year in damages they cause.

Nice work on the trap. But, mice are nothing but PITAs. They carry diseases, chew up wiring in things and leave their droppings all over. They will get in appliances and chew up insulation and wiring making their nests there. Saw plenty of this when I was an appliance tech. For those of you who don't know it, they can chew through wood, cement block and metal. The best way to keep them out of your house is to plug up cracks and holes with steel wool, they will not chew on that.
I'm sorry but I don't feel very humane towards them. They cost millions of dollars a year in damages they cause.

As I said earlier, I don't disagree with this. I have no trouble killing mice. We've built an environment where they thrive beyond bounds nature ever intended. When I built the trap, we had pet mice and I didn't want to freak the kids out by killing the uninvited mice. Plus, it was just one of those "hey, what if I..." deals. Also very good for catching a wayward pet hampster or the like.

Having said that, if I killed everything that cost me money, my wife and kids wouln't last long.

Last edited:
walmart sells plastic boxes with one door that only swings closed/open from the inside of the box..mouse walks in can't walk out- cheap too under $2.00.. caught a bunch with using a saltine with a little peanut butter

Back
Top Bottom