I can't get my mind off these speakers

NH-MAN

Addicted Member
Note these are B&O S45 drivers not 75 75 was a four way.

I just love the cabinets and appreciate the work put in to them
After searching i haven't found any bad reviews on the s45, the cabinets appear to be of similar size so not thinking the woofer response should be an issue, peerless woofers and Philips tweeters

What do you guys think?

https://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/ele/6137758650.html
00000_cgq6jliSMjD_600x450.jpg

00b0b_V5VLVXcByg_600x450.jpg

B&O speakers in Scott boxes? Hmmm

If they sound really good (and they might very well sound great) offer $75.

If you don't love them you'll have a hell of a time selling them.

Should be Seas and Vifa drivers which are top notch.

Good luck.

Eric

I had a pair of B&O S 45 before and they sounded very nice on the mid and highs but needed a subwoofer in my opinion. In a different cab might be a different story. If you don't like them than chances are you have to part them out to recoup your investment.

Thanks for the replies, agree about reselling them as he has them for sale months. I think they started at 150 he is about an hour and a half away which keeps me form running down for a listen. plus I really dont need them as I love my main speakers. THEY KEEP TALKING TO ME! The cabinets are beautiful

Interesting. I also had a set of the B&O S 45, I believe there were 2 or 3 versions of them, but I can't remember what distinguishes one from the other. I agree with jameswei, they were light on the bass. Maybe in your cabinets it will be different. The B&O cabinets aren't as deep as yours:
Beovoxs45f.jpg

WTF, scratch your itch -- go have a listen. Maybe they'll suck and then you won't have to worry. If they do sound good, offer $75 as has been suggested.

How do you go wrong?

WTF, scratch your itch -- go have a listen. Maybe they'll suck and then you won't have to worry. If they do sound good, offer $75 as has been suggested.

How do you go wrong?

Well you waste at least 3 hours of time driving for one....

Regards
Mister Pig

LOL. I spent the last 10 years of my last job running heavy equipment for 12 hours a day, with a 45 minute commute each way to and from work. I got no appreciation for being behind a wheel anymore. A 3 hour drive just sounds like torture.

Regards
Mister Pig
That's unfortunate. I am truly sorry.

I lost my sense of smell last year so I can empathize, sort of.

Pig....

You just got to get something fun to drive that's all....plus a great sound system. Driving a mode of transportation is just boring anyway.

Sammy Hagar is singing.........."I can't drive 55" in the background !!!

Pig....

You just got to get something fun to drive that's all....plus a great sound system. Driving a mode of transportation is just boring anyway.

Sammy Hagar is singing.........."I can't drive 55" in the background !!!

I drive between Olympia and Lakewood several times a week at around 9 AM. I know what it means to say I cant drive 55. Traffic on I-5 sucks then.

Oh I have had fun cars. 94 Mustang GT, a Saab 9000CSE. Great cars to drive, but I just dont care for driving anymore.

Regards
Mister Pig

I drive between Olympia and Lakewood several times a week at around 9 AM. I know what it means to say I cant drive 55. Traffic on I-5 sucks then.

Oh I have had fun cars. 94 Mustang GT, a Saab 9000CSE. Great cars to drive, but I just dont care for driving anymore.

Regards
Mister Pig

After 10 years of California traffic I can empathize. I commuted 35 miles each way on my motorcycle for 7 years and even though I now have a 10 mile commute I still ride very infrequently and prefer to stay around the neighborhood on the weekends.
A fun car here means I can see how good my clutchin' knee still works while practicing pothole dodging.

After 10 years of California traffic I can empathize. I commuted 35 miles each way on my motorcycle for 7 years and even though I now have a 10 mile commute I still ride very infrequently and prefer to stay around the neighborhood on the weekends.
A fun car here means I can see how good my clutchin' knee still works while practicing pothole dodging.

Owned manuals for almost all my driving time. The family car was an automatic, but mine were stick. Heck my Toyota Tacoma is a 5 speed now, and its miserable to drive around here. I would prefer an auto now, just cause it sucks to shift in stop and go traffic all damn day. Trying to decide if its worth it to shift out of 2nd and waste one more tick of clutch lifespan, or can you stay in gear and keep moving and not let enough space open up so some guy slides in front of you and you got to shift out of gear to stop or slow down to get a safe following distance. Blah.

Regards
Mister Pig

I don't get the comment about having a hard time selling them if you don't like them.

Seems several have sold for auction for double to triple the $75 figure being tossed around.

I don't get the comment about having a hard time selling them if you don't like them.

Seems several have sold for auction for double to triple the $75 figure being tossed around.
Check the OP again -- these are Frankenspeakers with B & O drivers.

00I0I_gv6f630JgfG_600x450.jpg
00F0F_L3eZM36Am1_600x450.jpg

I'm having similar thoughts about these for the same money and I only have to drive across town.

I had a pair of these and they had heavy cabinets, good drivers, and sounded really good. But they had vinyl veneer and were disqualified.

Back
Top Bottom