I continue to be amazed....

steve328is

Ol' Sarge
I just finished ZZ Top's Eliminator on my C28/MC-2105/XR-3 system. This is the first time I've ever really opened the system up and let 'er rip. AMAZING clarity and depth even at very high volume! And my stuff is over 20 years old!!! I haven't pushed the Stereotech yet, I'm not done yet with the ML-10s for it. Just had to cackle a little bit...and I gotta wonder what NEW Mac gear must be like....

I bought a used MC2105/MX115 combo in 1987. I had to replace the outputs in one channel in 1993. I love the quality and the quiet reliability. My units were manufactured arounf 1971, I have all the original documents from the original owner who sold me the stuff. You can't beat used McIntosh for quality

I share your amazment with my "ol" MC-2105, Klipsch Epic CF-4's and a MA-6100 that I'm running right now. I have a C-28 on it's way, and I'm going to move the 6100 into the bedroom after putting the C28 into the living room. It is so nice to own good McIntosh gear that has plenty of power and is just fun to watch at night with all the lights off!
Vintage gear is such a great bargain, and Mc has to be some of the best of bargain vintage, although it's not so with some of the prices that Mc tube gear is fetching.
My MA6100 is going to be powering my "new" AR3a's in the bedroom, and even my wife loves the sound stage that the combo provides. I use to take her window shopping in the "High End" stores for a few years, so that now she thinks I'm just so smart to be able to put together such a nice sounding system(s) for many thousands less than just what an amp or a pair of speakers were going for in the "high end" stores.
Careful planning is key when you have a method in your madness! Maybe I'll even be able to talk her into that MA-2275 that I've been drooling over since they came out? That's the only new Mc product that I've lusted for in awhile, as the vintage gear is still so wonderful! McIntosh seems to just make classic equipment which also becomes vintage after 30 yrs.

For many years I ran my old trusty Dyna PAS 2, ST70 and my AR3a's, then needing more imputs I bought a Hafler 945 and was pleased but soon some of the coupling caps began to go bad so never having taken the McIntosh plunge, bought a C24. In all my years listining to records, I never got acoustical feedback from my turntable until I got the C24. To me that's a good thing and means that I am getting better responce than I ever did from my TT -and from a 40 year old preamp no less! :banana:

Clyde

Back
Top Bottom