I don't want to live without Aretha Franklin

I'm saddened to hear of this. Aretha is one of those performers who you expect to always "be around." It usually is an unpleasant experience when a voice or a performer that you've always depended upon is no longer around. I am hoping that Aretha will recover from her illness.

Just received a tweet that Aretha is near the end. So sad but at least she will live on in the decades of her recordings.

When I read news like this I console myself by telling myself that special people like Aretha after death become immortal. It's a contradiction, but who among us when he listens, for example, Ella Fritzgerald or Etta James think they're dead? I believe no one. Their heart continues to beat even after it has stopped....

Saddened by the news of Aretha great singer and a decent person from what I have read about her. I still miss David Bowie not being around making music and it's been a couple years or so. Makes one look at there own mortality on this planet.

No Joke. I've been thinking about that too now.

& that damn cancer. I know they have made 'big progress' on this and many lives have been saved but why can't they get a 100% handle on it??? I mean, they have only been looking for a cure since 1950 - as far as I remember. So many drop from this including many of my family members - Very Bad Stuff.

Last edited:
Some of the most profound bodies of work have come from Aretha Franklin. She is one of the very few artists that can effortlessly relay feelings of joy and pain on a recording. Pick up a copy of "Amazing Grace" and "Aretha Live at Fillmore West" and you will feel and hear what I am talking about.

Back
Top Bottom