I finished my guitar fretboard

nick parkin

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Greetings!

Last time I talked my guitar build was a few months back. Ive been working on this project for about 15 months and can now see the final stretch. I hand cut some pearl inlays, and installed them on my fretboard. This being my first time, I could see a lot a visible mistakes. After I oiled the fretboard it hid all of these mistakes since it makes the fretboard much darker and WOW it looks nice. I also added cream binding to the side.IMG_9441.JPG The photos don't do it justice. I still need to fill in a few gaps between the fretboard and the inlays but oiling the board hides the imperfections really well. Now all thats left is to cut the neck, make the neck heel, and rout the rear cavities and stain the guitar!

Beautifully done!

I use boiled linseed oil to treat my finger boards. Probably the same ingredient in what you used

Beautifully done!

I use boiled linseed oil to treat my finger boards. Probably the same ingredient in what you used
More than liekely yes. My fingerboard was curved and I bent it back slightly in the opposite direction Andy I heard a crack. I think that crack is the super glue from the inlay cracking but they are all still sturdy in there. Hopefully the fretboard didn’t split along a fret. All the fret slots look normal too so it’s just probably the superglue beneath the fret. Now I’m spooked and am not going to touch it until I need it.

Nice!!! Good work nick! Good for you.
Can't wait to see the finished product.

Way to crush the millennial stereotype!

Last edited:
It has a mid-Nineties Jackson look to it. Was that (in part) your inspiration for the design of the inlay?

In any event it's purdy. Thanks for posting the pic.

Back
Top Bottom