I found a temporary rack!!!

THOR

Fearless Prophet
Well my day started off fairly badly, I got into a fender bender, no one got hurt no real damage, but was my fault so a big pain in the ass. But it ended pretty good since I found sumthin to use as a rack for now. First the search:

5:00pm to 7:30pm Dinner with GF

7:30pm I went to Home Depot and after much searching and trying to decide if I wanted to do a quicky DIY jobby I decided a black metal rack was the best they had but I didn't like the width too wide 36" and the shelfs were like the racks in your oven or refridgerator and I feared the feet to the amps would poke thru and the bottom of the amps would be on the metal shelf, unsure if that would matter or not, also it was $50 but I didn't see any other option ...........

8:30pm So I decide to go to Ames, they are going out of business and were even selling the fixtures in the store so I thought mebbe I get a deal. Well the only thing I found was an audio rack for $60 but it was basically a particle board box with particle board shelves a cardboard back and a glass door :puke: And the store fixtures were too ghastly to even imagine to bring home. So I decide to hit The Shack to get my cables and then I'd go back to Home Depot and get that wire rack :(

9:00pm On the way to the Depot I decide to give Wal-Mart a shot and man was I glad I did after much searching I found a plastic rack made by plano, the kind where the shelves are connected by tubes, the perfect size, 30" wide, 14" deep, 48" tall, 4 shelves, dark gray in color, nice flat smooth shelves, I put one together in the store and leaned all my weight on it and it was plenty sturdy. Guess how much it was?? 8 bucks and change! I also bought some of the self sticking sliding feet to make furniture slide on carpet and stuck it on the bottom so I can slide the rack in and out easily when its loaded.

Well too tired now to do much else, tommorow when i get home from work I shall hook everything up and take some pics. I tell you if you need a rack to get by with for now or the garage you can't beat it it is sweet especially for 8 buckaroos.

Great idea if it works out. I like the price. Be sure to give us pics before you populate the shelves so we can see the design.

Lefty

Restaurant was a 1/2 hour drive away one way and we had to wait to get in.

What Wait

"We had to wait to get in" :mad:

STOP RIGHT THERE.

There is a restaurant that would keep Thor (Man-Whore extraordinare; Football Master; a member of AK) waiting.:(

Thor you should point out to the owner this insult,l'm sure an apology and free meal would be the immediate response. :D

We live in a good sized city for our area, full of restaurants but my GF insists we drive a 1/2 hour away to a restaurant in this hick town, of course it's the only restaurant within a 1/2 hour of its location so of course it was packed on a Friday night. Stoopid women ;)

Hey, I think I'm familiar with those Plano racks. I have a bunch of 'em around for storage. I've actually used one for a stereo rack!
Good idea about those skids, 'cause otherwise they really dig deep into carpet. OK on concrete in the garage and basement.

Have a great par-TAY!!

pete

THOR,
any way to shorten the tubes accurately and make the distance between shelves less??? You could buy another rack and use more shelves w/ shorter legs.

TY

I have thought of doing that and then putting sand in the legs and keeping it as my permenant rack.

Back
Top Bottom