I FOUND IT

There is another SA-9500II thread recently started. Your setup is way cleaner than his, though looks don't always show everything. Pull the bottom plate and check the mains filter caps in both of your new amps. Look for pimples or capacitor puke. My 9500II needed new caps 10 years ago. This would be worth your time. If you are lucky, someone has already done it for you. Nice score.

There is another SA-9500II thread recently started. Your setup is way cleaner than his, though looks don't always show everything. Pull the bottom plate and check the mains filter caps in both of your new amps. Look for pimples or capacitor puke. My 9500II needed new caps 10 years ago. This would be worth your time. If you are lucky, someone has already done it for you. Nice score.
Thanks for that ill look for the thread ! I puled everyone of them down blew them all out very little dust at all , magnified all boards saw a couple semi cold solder joints, i will sent tape deck out at some point to be recapped , Ordered a deoxit kit will do each one piece by piece. Till then i will keep the Tunes cranking !!!!! Cheers

Ok men had a productive day! Got to work at 4am 12 hr shift... Then i got right to it! Took all components apart and gave it a proper DE-OXIT even though there were no issues but a faint scratch in a couple of the EQ sliders. DE knobbed them all and went to town. Im so stoked that i got so lucky on a near mint system. No dust bunnies anywhere and ZERO oxidation anywhere . I can not express enough to my thankfulness to all of ya for the knowledge and greetings ! Such a chill group......... Here is the AMP all set up

Attachments

• IMG_0175.JPG
    IMG_0175.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0176.JPG
    IMG_0176.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0178.JPG
    IMG_0178.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 24
Cassette Deck did not get the treatment as it has issues and will address at a later date. Tales of Great Ulysses cranking right now .....Cheers all

So a little update ! Opened up my deck , Just needs belts ! Just as clean as the other components . Will order a kit soon . On another note got all the wires run and set it all to its permanent home. So i have my CS-66E's coming just about straight at me the CS-G304's back and out coming in about 45% and the Leslies out to the sides even more. I played with configuration for hours leaving speaker wires long . IT SOUNDS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Crankin Steely Dan as i type.Will post pics shortly .

So a little update ! Opened up my deck , Just needs belts ! Just as clean as the other components . Will order a kit soon . On another note got all the wires run and set it all to its permanent home. So i have my CS-66E's coming just about straight at me the CS-G304's back and out coming in about 45% and the Leslies out to the sides even more. I played with configuration for hours leaving speaker wires long . IT SOUNDS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Crankin Steely Dan as i type.Will post pics shortly .

Hey man. Nice going there. I take it no Liberation today LOL !!!
Steely Dan was a great influence on our Late Jeff Porcaro. Particularly the Song, Rosanna.
May He Rest In Peace.

Hey man. Nice going there. I take it no Liberation today LOL !!!
Steely Dan was a great influence on our Late Jeff Porcaro. Particularly the Song, Rosanna.
May He Rest In Peace.
Agreed some of the best music,WAIT that is not right OK it is some of the best music ever. Good clean killer musicians..Already had my 2 for the day, Excludes Wednesday and Saturday i may have a little extra summpin summpin!!

Such a clean rig , looks like you went back in time and picked it up new from the shop , hats off to you again and hope you have many years of enjoyment with those great looking pieces of gear.:thumbsup:

My post was meant to say get some!:D

According to your pictures you don't have any. Stands should be such that the tweeters are at ear height when seated. That places you on axis with the tweeters for better highs and reduces bass boom and muddiness.

Whenever I see "bookshelf" speakers on the floor I always suggest placing them on stands.

Last edited:
Got em pal sitting right under my speakers, Yea a littlehard to see until you expand picture.. The whole system is on one of my dressers right in front of me :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom