I fulfilled a dream I've had from 1978

It probably dropped about a 1/4 of a quart if that in 500 miles so it's a very small leak. That makes oil on the the tire not a big concern for me. I have seen a bike go down due to oil. 70's chopper turning a corner at 15-20 mph rear tire hit an oil patch. Poor guy had no chance but he didn't get hurt.

Nearly rode a buddy's hardtail/6ft springer Triumph in '76. I rode a full tilt '75 Honda CB400F cafe bike with all the Yoshimira goodies. A 6 speed, 66 hp, 365 lbs (wet) completely pitchable delight that was almost RD350 quick from the line. It was just too different since the CB400F was my first street bike. No chopper story to tell which is probably a good thing.

Isn't that a cawinky dink. I've looked at a RD400 just because I like the way it sounds better than the 350 but if I found one for a reasonable price a 1977 Suzuki GT 500 Titian would be the ticket. Probably one of the best all around 2 strokes out there.

I rode the Guzzi about 400 miles the other day. Now this is the first bike I've had since the Majesty scooter in 2008. I rode the Majesty about 300 in a day and that was some serious monkey butt. Add 10 years of no riding with the age increase and I was wondering how I'd fare. A cruiser is a whole different animal at least this one is. There's gobs of torque which really makes it nice not having to drop down a gear to make a pass. It's very nimble at highway speeds purrs like kitten and let me tell you electronic cruise control is so nice. Took the interstate up and 2 lane back home. There was no monkey butt and I wasn't worn out. The only time you feel the weight is at very low speeds in a tight turn. It's the nicest bike I've ridden.

Last edited:
RD = real dangerous or we used to say. :) When I was 17 in 73 a coworker had a 250cc twin Suzuki 2 stroke street bike that was wicked quick. It was an odd ball with a dual range tranny but low pipes. Same bike held the 1/4 mile record in those days. We’d take our after the rush break behind the pizza place doing bleach burnouts in the alley.

Back
Top Bottom