I give up on Vintage

What if your amp has two volume knobs?

I'm sorry fellas, but I'm going to have to submit my own Shanling for the best volume knob ever:
It's a heavy CNC'd aluminum tree trunk connected to a motorized Alps pot via a long connecting rod that passes through two sets bearings and a couple U-joints. I got to give a disconnected one a spin at the store and it was like spinning a rollerblade wheel! Smooth, weighted, and long-spinning.

Best Vintage Volume CONTROLLER

My favorite.... :yes: Smooth as silk and can't be lost easily cause its attached....
attachment.php

Attachments

• volume knob.aspx.jpg
    volume knob.aspx.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 103
Well if we're talking about volume knobs, I think the one on my A-27 is very pleasant. It simply says "Turn me" by being so large and it feels good in the hand.

gra27vorne.jpg

I'd like to nominate for quirkiest volume system/controller my Sony DA3000ES seen here. When you turn it with rapid speed even just an 1/8th turn it will jump 15-20 dB but if you turn it slowly it goes by .5 dB increments. I'm sure Sony thought this was an innovative feature, to make volume adjustment quicker but it's just annoying (The remote operates on the same principle).
b131620.jpg

Back
Top Bottom