I Got A Raise!!

usedto

Lunatic Member
My monthly direct-deposit Social Security check arrived in my account a few days ago - with a $95.30 increase!! Yippee!!

Unfortunately, I also got a notice that wifey's medical insurance premium increased by $141.61 per month.

Oh, well - easy come, easy go.

Thats pretty much how my paychecks go too. First of the year the medical goes up, sometime around end of first quarter I get about 2/3 of the medical price hike as an annual pay raise. If I do the math, especially accounting for inflation, I've been losing money for a decade. W2 at the end of the year says I made more but the checks don't go any further.

I'm on Medicare now. I got a notice from the company I get my supplement from telling me they were going to raise my premiums over 20%. Funny thing about Medicare supplements is that a lot of companies sell them, so they compete. After a few phone calls, got the same plan for less than what I had been paying from the original company. Really felt great to call an insurance company and tell them they were over 20% higher than someone else......FOR THE SAME PRODUCT. Guess who lost my business?

That is a heck of a SS raise. Mine went up $12 and my wife's went down by $5 after the increase of Part B medicare. Of course our supplemental insurance went way over my huge raise.

i think mr president signed a 1.4% increase which I will see in my next check, BUT, Im not retired so I am still on FEHB, but it is going up as well....its just a giant money xfer....from other there...... to over there.......

Back
Top Bottom