I gotta vent-- EBAYer shipping $%@&**#

krimney

I gotta get this off my chest.

I bought some speaker parts on ebay a while back. Seller had 71 feedback at 98%+ so I figured it should be fine. I considered having the parts sent in their cabs (even though the cabs were not in the auction) but the cost was too high. I even specified to the seller to ensure the domes of the tweeters/mids were packed well as they were susceptible to damage.

Well, I have received a few poorly packaged items before but this one beats them all. It arrived rattling and IMHO opinion the only thing that should arrive rattling is a snake or a jigsaw puzzle. The parts were just tossed loose into a cardboard box( single layer) and a few bits of cardboard floated around with the parts. See the pics!!!!

I'm not a big buyer on ebay as I've never really gotten any deals and from now on If I can't find it locally or from one of the AKers, I'm just going to pass.

The pic below shows the items, two woofers lashed together with two crossovers. The tweetes and mid were in another box tossed inside the first.

another pic and the upside???

Here is a pic of my precious soft dome tweeters and mids. One tweeter arrived with a small dent that seemed to come out ok. have not tested anything yet. 3 speakers and a few strips up cardboard were all that were in the box, nothing more and no chance at a safe trip.

The upside, since I won 4 auctions from the guy he threw in( quite literally) the x-overs and the woofer he said is not working(buzzing at high volumes).

ADS yes....

They are from a set of L880. I have a set, in near mint condition compared to the parts I bought and they sound awesome. The reason I bought parts was so I'd have them on hand in case anything blew on mine.

The L880 have a 2" dome mid and a 3/4 inch tweeter with a 10 inch woofer. They also have metal cat proof grills.

Packing nightmare

I feel your pain, I just received a Philips 7851 receiver I won on ebay. It arrived packed in a flimsy box with only some crunched up newspaper as packing. UPS guy must have giggled bringing to the door with the left side of the receiver protruding out 2 inches.

I got negaitves

Well. I heard nothing from this guy about his poor packing. So as I said in my eamil I left him neutral(which was generous on my part)

Next thing I know he leaves negatives for me. Says the stuff was well packed.

I guess my standards are high as I've sold and shipped over 500 items and never a complaint on my shipping.

It seems like ebay may be nearing the end of it's useful life. With shipping cost going up, more and more losers selling junk and an increase in scams and ID theft......is it rreally worth it any more??:dunno:

Sorry to hear about your problem. Here's my similar story A couple of years ago I saw a complete set of JBL L80T drivers on ebay with a cheap BIN. So I hit the button, I think it was 75.00 This is what I received. I sent this picture back to the seller, and he immediately refunded all of my money by Paypal. So nobody got a neg on this one, thank goodness.

The other side.........

Obviously crap packing, I feel your pain.

I shipped rare amp in a well packed parcel. The freakin audio & power transformers had the 10/32 nuts pulled thru the 16-ga steel chassis making 5/16" diameter holes!!!

Buyer was screaming only at me thus I sent $100 refund.............
yet the '$hit for brains' carrier FED EX did nothing wrong!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom