I have a favortie tv show...now. IFL

I hardly watch tv. Last night my daughter was using my computer (she killed her PC). So I turned on the boob tube.

This show IFL (International Fight League) was on. I was totally transfixed! The mixed martial arts fighting is for real. Choke outs, submission, pummeling, kicking and knock outs.

There was one guy 6' 4" and 255 lbs or so fighting a smaller guy at 215 lbs. He was kicking butt until he made one sloppy move got into a choke hold and had to tap out. Otherwise be would've blanked.

Now this is reality tv!

When I was in Chicago a few weeks back a bunch of these guys were staying at the same hotel I was.
I ran into a group of them at the bar and was really surprised how relaxed and generally cool they were...I guess having the knowledge that you could pummel someone into submission on a moment's notice lends a certain inner peace?

redcoates7 said:
When I was in Chicago a few weeks back a bunch of these guys were staying at the same hotel I was.
I ran into a group of them at the bar and was really surprised how relaxed and generally cool they were...I guess having the knowledge that you could pummel someone into submission on a moment's notice lends a certain inner peace?

Most of those guys come from a background in one form of martial arts or another. And most martial do teach finding that inner peace, self control, and of all things non-violence.

I wrestled back in HS and college and have studied the arts, years ago. It is fun testing your abilities against a good oponent. As long as you don't loose any teeth or down right get your ass kicked.

:D

Back
Top Bottom